The greatest camel journey in the making

All things concerning hiking, skiing, horse riding, cycling,...
Forum rules
Looking for a hiking buddy? Please post your request in the travel sharing forums, not here. Thank you!
Karl Bushby

The greatest camel journey in the making

Post by Karl Bushby »

I have been walking around the world for over 10 years and i am currently in Ulaanbaatar headed west back to the UK. I recently connected with people in Mongolia that dream about traveling the longest camel journey from Mongolia to Europe. My sponsors and I are very interested in making this a reality and partnering with this team for my journey home. The big questions of cause are moving a team of camels cross borders in countries like China, Kazakhstan, Uzbekistan, Turkmenistan, Iran, Turkey and Europe . Does anyone know or people or teams that have traveled with animals across any of these borders before? Thanks
0 x

steven
Admin
Admin

Re: The greatest camel journey in the making

Post by steven »

Hi Karl, I answered you in the other topic http://caravanistan.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=3118

I just remembered that I have read once about one group of hippies who have been traveling around the world with camels for more than 10 years. I did not find their details online, but there is such a thing.

Otherwise, it's been mostly horses. Camel treks that I know of have always remained inside of 1 country (presumably because of the issue of migration).

Good luck!
0 x
If you like Caravanistan: we have opened a tip jar! We love you back! :D