Crossing the Chinese border with my own car from Zharkent (Kazakistan) to Huay Xai (Laos) next year

All about China. Expert: bwv812
viacc65

Crossing the Chinese border with my own car from Zharkent (Kazakistan) to Huay Xai (Laos) next year

Post by viacc65 »

Dear Traveller,

with this message I would like to ask you please an information:

I will next year to crossing with my own car from Thashkent (Kazakistan border) to Huoerguosi Xinjiang province, than continue my trip through the Gansu Province, after that to the Sichuan Province and at least travelling to the Yunnan province before to cross the border in Huay Xai Laos

I did this first part of the itinerary from Germany few months ago till the Kazakistan border although I applied in advance for my Chinese Tourist visa here at home but unfortunately I didn't apply for my car's paper because we must do them also in advance (it's compulsory) inside a Chinese company and for this reason I wasn't able to cross the border with my car!!!

I actually parked my car in Almaty by friend but I would like to continue the second leg of my itinerary next year and with this message I am looking please to know some chinese company that do my car's papers in advance.

I thank you in advance for the collaboration and in the meantime I wish my best regards.

John
0 x

shaik786

Re: Crossing the Chinese border with my own car from Tharkent (Kazakistan) to Huay Xai (Laos) next year

Post by shaik786 »

You will need a temp Chinese license, temp number plate and import papers for the car along with an accompanying government recognized agent for the entire time you drive your car in China.

I've PM'ed you the contact details of a Chinese company who assist in such endeavors, hope it helps. I'm myself in constant touch with them for a slightly similar plan for the next year.
0 x

steven
Admin
Admin

Re: Crossing the Chinese border with my own car from Zharkent (Kazakistan) to Huay Xai (Laos) next year

Post by steven »

viewtopic.php?f=19&t=95 collects recommendations for tour operators
0 x
If you like Caravanistan: we have opened a tip jar! We love you back! :D