Iran visa runs

All about Iran
andy

Iran visa runs

Post by andy »

Hello,

I visited Iran last year on my Canadian passport – I received my visa in advance, booking through a tour agency (which was expensive and took a long time).

I recently got my Irish (EU) passport, and plan to visit Iran for a second time this summer, using my new EU passport to get a visa on arrival (which is not possible with a Canadian passport). I am currently travelling on my Canadian passport, and will be flying into Tehran from South-East Asia.

Does anyone expect this to be an issue, visiting a second time with a different passport?
0 x

steven
Admin
Admin

Re: Iran visa on arrival, second visit

Post by steven »

No issue. Why would it be an issue?
0 x
If you like Caravanistan: we have opened a tip jar! We love you back! :D

andy

Post by andy »

I couldn't find posts of anyone else on the site visiting Iran as a tourist twice in a relatively short period, so wanted to be prepared for questions concerning returning.

And since Canadians are required to be accompanied by a tour guide, and I am a Canadian returning with a new EU passport (no other stamps in it yet), I was wondering if this would appear to be suspicious or a problem, or I would be required to apply as a Canadian.
0 x

steven
Admin
Admin

Post by steven »

No, you should be fine. There are lots of Iran-lovers continuously weaving in and out of the country, especially French seem to be afflicted with Persophilia.
0 x

Giom

Post by Giom »

Hello,
It has been a wile since the last update was posted about the granting of a second visa. I will exit Iran in December and would like to re-enter after a short laps of time (one to two months gap).
My doubt are based on the difficult economic situation in Iran due to the US sanctions, which make the financial situation of the citizens getting extremly hard to live. Consequently social tensions could appear inside the country. If the situation inside iran get instable, I could imagine that the embassies could reduce the amount of granted visas, especially for second visits.
Does anyone knows about refusal for second visas in the last time? Or does anyone has other arguments about the evolution of the granting of tourism visas?
Thanks.
0 x

Miguel

Visa 90 days. Go to Dubai to get another visa. Possible?

Post by Miguel »

Hi everyone.
I did not find any information about my request. Hope you can help...

We got a visa for 30 days. Then we got an extension of 30 more days. We want to apply for a second extension for 30 days. Total: 90 days if we are lucky.

But we want to stay longer than 90 days. So is it possible to go to Dubaï and request a new visa there. And then come back to Iran with this new visa. Is there a minimun of waiting time before the application of a new visa ??

Thanks for your help. Thanks for this really useful website!

Miguel and familly
www.miguelbechet.over-blog.com
0 x

steven
Admin
Admin

Re: Visa 90 days. Go to Dubai to get another visa. Possible?

Post by steven »

No problem to do a visa run
0 x

steven
Admin
Admin

Post by steven »

Have not heard refusals for visa runs, although Armenian embassy seems to have gotten difficult as of late.
0 x

Miguel

Post by Miguel »

Thanks Steven. Sorry we did not find time to write about travelling with children. It is still on our list...
1 x

sina_persian

Post by sina_persian »

U don't need to apply for a visa in another country. u just need to exit and enter again , then u will get a visa on arrival at the airport.
0 x