Embassy report: Afghan visa in Islamabad

The place for all visa questions and embassy reports. Expert: Crazydre
Forum rules
Before asking a visa question, make sure you have read the relevant visa article about the country. Overview page: http://caravanistan.com/visa/

Before submitting an embassy report or question, have a look first to see if a topic already exists. Relevant topics are linked to from the visa pages on the site.

Thank you!
steven
Admin
Admin

Re: Afghan visa in Islamabad

Post by steven »

Please post reports and questions regarding the embassy process for the Afghanistan visa in Islamabad below.

We collect all travel intelligence on the Afghanistan visa page.
0 x
If you like Caravanistan: we have opened a tip jar! We love you back! :D

JnKln

Afghan visa in Islamabad

Post by JnKln »

Hi Folks,
has anybody recent information about getting an afghan tourist visa in Islamabad?
I found this thread from 2014 which says it is quite easy, but since even in Tehran it is getting way harder to obtain it, so I am not sure about today.
here is the link https://www.lonelyplanet.com/thorntree/ ... bad?page=2

Furthermore does anybody know if I can return to PK on a transit visa if I have an afghan tourist visa in my passport?

thanks and greets from Tehran
- Jan
0 x

JnKln

Embassy report: Afghan visa in Islamabad

Post by JnKln »

Update for Islamabad: German passport on 14-12-2016:
1 Visa application form
1 copy of your passport's frontpage
1 photo
Turnaround 2 days (pick up in the afternoon between 13:30 and 15:30). Fee is 80 USD.

Getting an afghan tourist visa in Islamabad is a peace of cake! The guys in the embassy are totally relaxed (compared to their collegues in Tehran) and the responsible person for the visa procedures even speaks english ery well.

Oh steven, yes you are right. The required letter in Tehran is a NOC.
1 x

wanderlust2

Afghan visa in Islamabad

Post by wanderlust2 »

The sole post re Afghan visa in Islamabad that I can find is from 2016. Does anyone have current (2019) info on the pros and cons? If you were successful in getting a tourist visa:
- Did you need a LOI?
- what other documents did you need?
- what was the fee and what currency/form did you pay it in?
- what was the turnaround time?
Help please. This summer is more of a logistical nightmare than many others put together! Thanks in advance.
0 x

jacoblab1

Re: Afghan visa in Islamabad

Post by jacoblab1 »

Applied two weeks ago.

No LOI needed, but they will ask for a letter of permission from your embassy. Just firmly tell them that your embassy does not give these.

Needed a colour copy of passport, and a single passport sized photo (bring two to be safe). You will get a visa form to fill out at the embassy.

Fee was $80 USD for me as a Canadian, with a $50 USD fee to get it the same day.

They told me I'd have to wait two weeks if I didn't pay the urgent fee because of Ramadan, but normally I think it's just a few days.

Hope this helps!
1 x
My solo-travel blog: On The Way Around
Covers destinations such as China, Pakistan, Afghanistan, and more!

jacoblab1

Re: Embassy report: Afghan visa in Islamabad

Post by jacoblab1 »

jawadrasheedsheikh wrote:What about Pakistani nationals? Can they get Afghan visa as easily from Islamabad Embassy as others are getting?
When I was at the embassy, I saw a lot of Pakistani nationals applying for visas. Not sure about the difficulty, but some told me that they don't even need to pay a visa fee.

But for more info I'd try visiting or calling the embassy.
0 x
My solo-travel blog: On The Way Around
Covers destinations such as China, Pakistan, Afghanistan, and more!

Cery

Shir Khan Bandar - Panji Poyon (AF-TJ) border updates

Post by Cery »

You can get the Visa in the Embassy in Islamabad.
0 x

steven
Admin
Admin

Re: Embassy report: Afghan visa in Islamabad

Post by steven »

Crosspost from viewtopic.php?f=24&t=13505

May 2023

Applied in Islamabad. Took about one week and costs 80$. No guide and permit. Just had the Visa.

June 2023

I apply visa in islamabad pay 80usd + 50usd for express visa, give the papper in the morning, collect visa at afternoon.
0 x
If you like Caravanistan: we have opened a tip jar! We love you back! :D