Osh-Khorog through Wakhan-May 10th-June 8th

Share a ride on the Pamir Highway
Margot.A

Re: Osh-Khorog through Wakhan-May 10th-June 8th

Postby Margot.A » Tue Apr 11, 2017 9:27 am

laurie507 wrote:Hey Margot

Me (from UK) and my girlfriend Louisa (from the Netherlands) will be travelling that way around those dates.

We are travelling through China and arrive into Almaty by train on 1st May. A few days spent there and then down to Bishkek for a couple of nights and onto Osh to hopefully be able to begin a pamir highway drive from there. In Khorog we would need to continue to Dushanbe and then into Uzbekistan where we have to catch a train from Tashkent to Moscow on 3rd June.

We too would be up for trekking and hikes along the way. I think as long as we were in Khorog by 20th May then that would give us time to get to Uzbekistan and see a bit of that country before our train departs on 3rd June.

Let me know if those dates could work for you

Laurie

Hello Laurie!

being on the 20th of May in Khorog is too early for us. We are planning to be there one week later... Too bad!
0 x

Margot.A

Postby Margot.A » Thu Apr 13, 2017 4:41 am

laurie507 wrote:Hey Margot

Me (from UK) and my girlfriend Louisa (from the Netherlands) will be travelling that way around those dates.

We are travelling through China and arrive into Almaty by train on 1st May. A few days spent there and then down to Bishkek for a couple of nights and onto Osh to hopefully be able to begin a pamir highway drive from there. In Khorog we would need to continue to Dushanbe and then into Uzbekistan where we have to catch a train from Tashkent to Moscow on 3rd June.

We too would be up for trekking and hikes along the way. I think as long as we were in Khorog by 20th May then that would give us time to get to Uzbekistan and see a bit of that country before our train departs on 3rd June.

Let me know if those dates could work for you

Laurie

Hello again!

I've just got another idea! If you can make it to Osh between the 8th or the 10th of May we could do half the way together until the Wakhan corridor. From there I wanted to plan a one week trekking to reach Khorog or some place around. But you could keep the car to reach Khorog on the 2Oth and then we will take the car back from Khorog to Osh on the 27th? So we would share the costs half way through the Pamir and then pay separately the parts of the road we are not doing together? But we would still save a bit of money while being flexible and following each of our plans?

Let me know if this would work out for you?!
We have found a car by the way.

Take care

Margot and Emily
0 x

Margot.A

Postby Margot.A » Thu Apr 13, 2017 4:48 am

Hello again Laurie! (sorry for the bis repetita-I just wanted to make sure you'd received my answer)

I've just got another idea! If you can make it to Osh between the 8th or the 10th of May we could do half the way together until the Wakhan corridor. From there I wanted to plan a one week trekking to reach Khorog or some place around. But you could keep the car to reach Khorog on the 2Oth and then we will take the car back from Khorog to Osh on the 27th? So we would share the costs half way through the Pamir and then pay separately the parts of the road we are not doing together? But we would still save a bit of money while being flexible and following each of our plans?

Let me know if this would work out for you?!
We have found a car by the way.

Take care

Margot and Emily
0 x

foudag

Postby foudag » Thu Apr 13, 2017 8:58 am

Hello Margot and Emily,

I am a French traveler and I'll be arriving in Osh from Bishkek on May 11th ! My plans are also to go to Khorog but I wanted to do a stop in Murghab first, are you planning that too ? If so would a departure on May 12th instead of May 10th be ok with y'all ?? :D

Thanks,
Gaël
0 x

foudag

Postby foudag » Thu Apr 13, 2017 9:01 am

Sorry, I misread your initial post. I wouldn't mind a stop in Sary Tash but is that stop really necessary? I heard you can go from Osh - Murghab in a day :)
Anyways, if ever you're ok with leaving on the 12th I'm in !
0 x

Margot.A

Postby Margot.A » Sun Apr 16, 2017 10:18 am

Hello Gaël!

Sounds ok but in that case no stop in Sary Tash because we (Emily and I) would have already lost 4 days on our trip. Just to be sure that we understand each other : we are planning a long trip, in order to be back on June the 6 in Osh. It's not negociable, we won't make our trip shorter or faster. So make sure to be ok with this travel schedule:
-Osh/Murhob : May the 12
-Murghob : 5 days-visiting the area/hiking.
-on the 17 th of May : Murghob/Wakhan corridor
-18th May/25th May : visiting the area of the Wakhan corridor
-26th of May : leaving for Xhorog
-27th of May/3th of June : trekking (no need of the car on my side)
-5th of June : leaving for Osh (We really need to have the car on this day to leave Tajikistan on time)

Of course, we could ALL decide to leave one day earlier or one day later depending on our sudden desire to do or not to do something. On the other hand, I completely understand that you may not want to follow every of our step and I am also ok to take some public transports to take me to the beginning of a trail for instance, so we could agree to let one of us use the car on his/her own but then this person pay the full price for the day(s) he/she is using the car privately.

Is it ok with you?

Take care,

Hoping to meet you soon :)

Margot and Emily
0 x

foudag

Postby foudag » Sun Apr 16, 2017 6:04 pm

Hey guys :)

Sorry I wasn't clear. I can only take part of the first 2 or 3 days (Osh to Murghab on the 12th and then one or 2 trekks around that area). I'm aiming to reach Khorog from Murghab around the 14th so that's when I'll be going my own way. (Going 2-3 days in the wakhan, and then back to Khorog, Dushanbe, and out to Uzbekistan).

So are you guys ok with me only sharing the ride for Osh - Murghab, and maybe a day or 2 after that for some trekks ?

Looking forward to meeting you too ;)

Gaël
0 x

Margot.A

Postby Margot.A » Fri Apr 21, 2017 11:04 am

Hello Gaël,

I have some kind of a bad news. So far the only cars that I have found are way too much expensive for us. So let me know if you have found something on your side. How much are you ready to pay by the way?

Hope everything will work out in the end!

Take care

Margot and Emily
0 x

foudag

Postby foudag » Sat Apr 22, 2017 1:34 pm

Hi guys,

Oh ok, yeah from what I've seen all rentals are pretty expensive. I'm not really looking for anything to book in advance. My place is actually to take a Marshrutka early in the morning that goes to Murghab.
However if a solution with you guys is an option, even if more expensive, I'd be willing to come especially since it would be a good company to be with other travelers for a few days :)

Keep me updated with what you're going to do :D
I'll tell u if the prices are ok with me.

Good luck :)

Gaël
0 x

Margot.A

Postby Margot.A » Sat Apr 22, 2017 5:19 pm

Hello Gael!

after living two years in Central Asia, you can trust me, mashrutkas are always a good idea. :D But if you are willing to share the "expensive cost" with us I may find an easier way to negotiate the total price. We can't pay more than 400 hundreds each (student budget wise), and the minimum I have found is 1200 dollars for three weeks, which seems faire for us but might be expansive for you since you would be travelling faster than us. You would then have to pay 400 too. I am trying to negotiate it at 300. Let me know what you think about it.

See you soon!

Margot (and Emily)
0 x