Seeking friends for a Pamir Highway trip in September

Share a ride on the Pamir Highway
mrsupertramp

Seeking friends for a Pamir Highway trip in September

Postby mrsupertramp » Thu Apr 27, 2017 9:05 am

Hello potential travel buddies! My name is Alex and I'm a travel addicted Australian who will finally be making his way to Central Asia later in the year. I will be starting my trip in Kazakhstan early August and then be making my way through Kyrgyzstan, Tajikistan, Uzbekistan and then hopefully (if I can somehow secure a visa without spending $1000+ on a tour (Turkmenistan tour buddies also welcome!)) Turkmenistan. But anyway, the point of this post is that I'm looking for some people to split the costs and share in the enjoyment of hiring a car or car+driver for a 10-14 day trip. I'd like to include the Wakhan valley but aside from that I haven't really decided exactly where I want to go whilst in the Pamirs so I'm very open to planning the trip with anyone who is interested in joining me. I'd be looking to start my trip from Osh around September 1st and then finish up in Dushanbe, before continuing on the the Fann Mountains for some trekking. If this all sounds like something you would like to be/are able to be apart of then please hit me up with any questions and hopefully w can make something happen.

Much love, Alexander Supertramp
0 x

CosmoCat

Re: Seeking friends for a Pamir Highway trip in September

Postby CosmoCat » Wed May 17, 2017 2:07 am

G'day mate!
I'm thinking of doing a trip in the Stans too, probably from Mid July til sometime in September.
From what I've planned so far I would be in Dushanbe on the 28th of August, ready to tackle the Pamir to Osh.
It's the other way around from what you have planned but I will be doing something beforehand and end up in Dushanbe.
I'm in Melbourne myself, so a fellow Oz ( though technically originally French :D ).
Let me know what you think!
0 x

mrsupertramp

Postby mrsupertramp » Fri May 19, 2017 7:07 am

Thanks for getting in touch man! I've already organised my Tajik visa with specific dates and also it's only a single entry so I'm pretty locked into starting from Osh. If you were open to heading up to Osh from Dushanbe and then starting from there with me then I could try and be ready a couple of days earlier so we could head out when you arrive? Otherwise unfortunately I don't think it's going to work out :cry:
0 x

Boogie

Postby Boogie » Fri May 19, 2017 6:09 pm

Hi Alex,

Going there in september as well,didn't book already but going to to soon.
Plan is to start in Almaty and fly out in Dushanbe 3 or 4 weeks later and i'm defenitly in for hiring a car for het Pamir Highway.
So if your still in for that we maybe can share the car
For TM, i was there last oktober and i didn't want to take the risk of getting my transitvisa refused because i really wanted to see this weird country.
So i booked a tour through Stantours and asked David to find someone to share the costs,and he did. I cant really recall how much i paid but it wasnt more than $500.
I don't like tours as well,after North Korea this was my second one but in this case i think its worth it because of that visa thing.

Let me know about the Pamir Highway!

Martijn
Holland
2 x

mrsupertramp

Postby mrsupertramp » Sat May 20, 2017 4:35 am

Yeah man! If your dates match mine then we can definitely share a car. Would you be able to be in Osh around the 1st of September? And how many days would you be wanting to do?
Thanks for the information too! I got a quote that was wayyy more than I could afford but I have just emailed him back and asked about finding some people for me to share the cost with. Fingers crossed!
0 x

CosmoCat

Postby CosmoCat » Sat May 20, 2017 6:40 am

I haven't looked into visas yet, but if it's the same as you I might only have a single entry so I might not be able to get out to Osh and back in?
0 x

Boogie

Postby Boogie » Sun May 21, 2017 10:28 am

How flexible are you about starting te 1th of September?
Things would be perfect if we could start around the 7Th.
Now i have to check my work if i can change dates,let you know this week!
0 x

CosmoCat

Postby CosmoCat » Wed May 24, 2017 12:58 am

We have a group of two now already. Leaving probably the 28th of August from Dushanbe. Then taking a trip for about 10 days to Osh.
0 x

Gabemasca

Postby Gabemasca » Thu May 25, 2017 11:09 pm

Hehe guia, How are you?

First of I'm Gabriel from Brasil and will do central Ásia this Summer. I'll be coming from China and planning to do kyrgyztan in August then head to the Pamir from Osh in the First week of september!

I think our scheadules are matching, and would love to share a car into tajikstan for the Pamir then doing the Pann Mountains.

Lets work this out!
0 x

mrsupertramp

Postby mrsupertramp » Sat May 27, 2017 8:01 am

@cosmocat Thanks man but I definitely have to be doing it in the other direction so I don't think it will work out for me unfortunately. Enjoy your trip!

@boogie Slightly flexible but the 7th might be pushing it. Maybe the 3rd or 4th would be about the latest I could do. Could this work for you? If so then I think @gabemasca and I will be sharing so if you can jump in with us it should be a pretty decent price with three of us.
0 x