Uzbekistan Embassy Report: Washington D.C.

The place for all visa questions and embassy reports. Expert: Crazydre
Forum rules
Before asking a visa question, make sure you have read the relevant visa article about the country. Overview page: http://caravanistan.com/visa/

Before submitting an embassy report or question, have a look first to see if a topic already exists. Relevant topics are linked to from the visa pages on the site.

Thank you!
savannahgator

Uzbekistan Embassy Report: Washington D.C.

Postby savannahgator » Fri Jul 10, 2015 5:08 pm

I just received my visa to Uzbekistan from the Washington DC consulate. I sent my application by mail from my home in Florida. The package arrived at the consulate in Washington yesterday. Much to my surprise, my passport, with the visa, arrived back at my home in Florida before noon TODAY. I was floored. Washington is 1600 kilometers from where I live, and the package didn't arrive until noon yesterday in Washington. The consulate must have received it, processed my application, and mailed it out the SAME day. This is incredible service for any for-profit company---much less an consulate!

I did not request expedited service...I was expecting to receive the visa in about two weeks.
I did have an LOI just to be safe...thanks to Caravanistan for helping with that! The price of the LOI is worth the cost in my eyes.

Anyone who is planning on visiting Uzbekistan and is in the States---get your visa here if possible! It is so much easier than getting it on the road.

Happy Travels---
William
0 x

steven
Admin
Admin

Re: Uzbekistan Embassy Report: Washington D.C.

Postby steven » Sun Jul 12, 2015 4:18 pm

Glad to be of help ;-)
0 x
If you like Caravanistan: we have opened a tip jar! We love you back! :D

fyodorova

Postby fyodorova » Tue Jul 14, 2015 8:29 am

I can report that the process of getting our Uzbekistan visas from the New York consulate was quick and painless, although not as fast as your experience! We didn't have an LOI, and we received our visas in less than two weeks from mailing our documents. The embassy site lists a turnaround time of two weeks, so it was a nice surprise to get them a few days earlier than expected.

Another nice thing about this consulate is that they let us specify an entry date 4 months in the future. In other words, there doesn't seem to be a short window in which you must use your visa once it's issued, unlike some countries where you have to enter within 90 days from when the visa is issued.
0 x

Kuchkro01

Postby Kuchkro01 » Thu Feb 04, 2016 6:05 am

I was floored. Washington is 1600 kilometers from where I live, and the package didn't arrive until noon yesterday in Washington.?????
0 x