Embassy report: Iran Visa - Dushanbe

The place for all visa questions and embassy reports. Expert: Crazydre
Forum rules
Before asking a visa question, make sure you have read the relevant visa article about the country. Overview page: http://caravanistan.com/visa/

Before submitting an embassy report or question, have a look first to see if a topic already exists. Relevant topics are linked to from the visa pages on the site.

Thank you!
Porkkana

Dushanbe: Iran and Turkmenistan visa

Postby Porkkana » Mon May 25, 2015 4:53 pm

Iran visa: I had my LOI, pay money to the bank, and fill the form in english and copy of your passport, 2 days wait, only got 2 months visa validity, not for three months? Has anybody else experienced this? Almost no english spoken and not friendly

Turkmenistan: I went today, was told to come back after one week, no need for colour photocopies, the quy was friendly and spoke english

I will put update next week when i get my turkmen visa, I am still surprised though about my iran visa validity.. I have an european passport.
0 x

AndrewRogerson

Embassy report: Iran Visa - Dushanbe

Postby AndrewRogerson » Tue Jul 14, 2015 4:06 am

Once the authorisation code was obtained, it wasn't too much of a drawn out process.

Opening times - Mon-Fri 08:30-12:30

Guy behind the counter was fairly friendly, seemed to speak both Russian and some basic English.

He give me a visa application form that is in English and Farsi, told me to go to the Iranian bank on Rudaki (right hand side, 1km north, the block just before the Merve cafe) The fee (270 Euro) is given in Euros, but the bank doesn't accept transfer, cash only. They will allow you to use USD at their conversion rate.

Return the payslip to the consulate, with two photos, a photocopy of your main passport page, and the filled in application form.

Return the next day and everything should be ready.
1 x
www.cyclingscouser.com

Cycling from China to the UK

SQRR

Re: Embassy report: Iran Visa - Dushanbe

Postby SQRR » Wed Oct 28, 2015 7:14 am

I wanted to apply for the tourist visa last friday early morning. There was no one but me. Though the guy there only looked up if my ref. no. was in his folder, told me to pay the 75€ (for me as Swiss) fee at the bank and that I should return on Monday.
On Monday he collected my papers and the payment slip and told me that I can pick up amy visa the next day (Tuesday) at 5pm.

The embassy was not busy at all, so I can't really understand why it took them so long. Even trying to get it faster did not help.
So do not rely for an one or two day turn around.
1 x
From Switzerland with a Land Rover Defender to the Caucasus, Russia, central Asia, Iran, Arabian peninsula and further to Africa - www.matatu.ch

Velonomie

Postby Velonomie » Tue May 10, 2016 6:53 am

Hello SQRR,

I'm surprised to read that you had to pay 75 Euros for the Iranian visa in Dushanbe? I browsed some of the embassy reports for Iranian visa, and it seems in any other embassy it costs only 50 Euros for Swiss people... We are two cyclists from Switzerland and we plan to apply for our Iranian visa in Dushanbe, but we are not really happy to pay 25 Euros more for the same visa :(
I first thought that maybe it was because you picked it up the same day, but apparently it's not the case...

Does anyone have some more informations for Swiss citizens?
0 x

tihomir

Postby tihomir » Tue Aug 16, 2016 5:30 pm

Pretty straightforward. Called in advance to check the code had arrived and to ask how much the visa cost. Iy varies considerably for different nationalities. Went to the Iranian bank and paid as instructed over the phone, then to embassy. Application form. Two photos 3x4 cm. The guy was friendly. Spoke Russian. Next day at 11 am visa was ready.
Iranian bank opens at 8 am.
75 euros for Bulgarian passport. Same for German passport.
1 x

Karoutcho

Postby Karoutcho » Sat Oct 08, 2016 10:19 am

Hello !

Two french passports.
Iranian Code (LOI) obtained with Caravanistan (27€ only each !).

One of the guy speaks english, the other not. They are not really friendly, but can't say they are unfriendly. They just do the job.

When we arrived, the code was there, and we had to choose between urgent process (75€, same or next day) or normal process (50€, 5 open days).
Even tough we have not much time left on our tajik visa and still the turkmen visa to do, we opted for the cheap option to save 50€ (2 visas).

Hope it helps,
Karoutcho !
1 x

belliope

Postby belliope » Mon May 01, 2017 6:55 am

Hi. Was just at the Iranian embassy. It takes me two week for a visa. Was advised not to get it here.
1 x

olmo

Postby olmo » Mon Jun 05, 2017 8:50 am

@belliope I see you are Singaporean and would not actually need a visa. Did you have the reference code? Any further details?
0 x

Dorothea

Postby Dorothea » Sat Jul 22, 2017 2:49 pm

Whatever the issue was for belliope, we and all other travelers (German, Polish, South Korean, Australian passports) we talked to, got our Visa same day.
0 x

timagius91

Postby timagius91 » Tue Aug 01, 2017 2:53 am

Can anyone else report on recent use - if the VISA was supplied in the same day?
And if it will take a while, does anyone know if you can apply there and pick up elsewhere - probably Tashkent?
0 x