Transit visa in Azerbaijan

The place for all visa questions and embassy reports. Expert: Crazydre
Forum rules
Before asking a visa question, make sure you have read the relevant visa article about the country. Overview page: http://caravanistan.com/visa/

Before submitting an embassy report or question, have a look first to see if a topic already exists. Relevant topics are linked to from the visa pages on the site.

Thank you!
roro

Re: Transit visa in Azerbaijan

Post by roro »

Thanks Steve for these replies.

RR.
0 x

Crazydre
Visa expert
Visa expert

Post by Crazydre »

roro wrote: Another question: no hassle with this E-visa at Iran/Az border post?
No
0 x

Uazdan

Post by Uazdan »

Hello,
Sorry for the confusion. I didn't get a transit visa for me on arrival. I got it in Aktau before catching the ferry.
I was talking about the transit visa for the car, which is a seperate thing. Person transit visa 5 days, apply before hand. Car transit visa 3 days, issued on arrival.
1 x

Uazdan

Post by Uazdan »

Just to make it completely clear. By car transit visa I mean permission for the vehicle to be driven through azerbaijan. In other countries a with a transit visa your car is taken to be with you and nothing other than normal formalities are needed when you enter the country. Azerbaijan is different and the car gets seperate permission to be in the country and for a different amount of time.
1 x

roro

Post by roro »

Transit visa for car, what I've just read on Caravanistan Travel guide:
"Under the 72 hour regime with a transit visa (which are cheap and straightforward to get, something which tourist visas are not), the transit fee is $20. You are not obliged to get insurance at the border"

Does it means, if I have an E-visa, I can choose this 72h regime? I just need these 2,3 days for go through Iran to Georgia (no time for visit).

RR.
0 x

steven
Admin
Admin

Post by steven »

No, that is not what it means.

It says "Under the 72 hour regime with a transit visa"

It does not say "Under the 72 hour regime with an e-visa"

Not the same. Get a transit visa.

But thanks for the comment, I will make that more clear (now that it is also slightly clear to me :-)
0 x
If you like Caravanistan: we have opened a tip jar! We love you back! :D

roro

Post by roro »

Thanks Steven for your précisions.
But I prefer choose an E-visa because I think I can't get a transit visa in advance, and no time in Teh to wait for it...
So, with an E-visa, and with a car built in 2006, what I have to pay to cross Az in three days max.
RR.
0 x

steven
Admin
Admin

Post by steven »

roro wrote:Thanks Steven for your précisions.
But I prefer choose an E-visa because I think I can't get a transit visa in advance, and no time in Teh to wait for it...
So, with an E-visa, and with a car built in 2006, what I have to pay to cross Az in three days max.
RR.
So I was thinking about this in light of what Uazdan said, that car and person have separate visas. Before I would have thought that you both need a transit visa, but now maybe it is possible to have indeed an e-visa for a person and a transit visa for the car.

This is just a guess, I am not sure of it. To clarify this you will need to find out from someone else who has more detailed knowledge of such things. Perhaps an Azeri tour operator or an embassy worker.
0 x
If you like Caravanistan: we have opened a tip jar! We love you back! :D

roro

Post by roro »

Thanks, I'm going to open a new thread about transit visa for cars.

RR.
0 x

Toekan

Post by Toekan »

Couldn't find an answer to a specific question on Azeri transit visa, maybe the answer is straightforward, but want to be sure:

We are planning to drive (with our own car) from Azerbaijan to Iran to Turkmenistan (and on to Uzbekistan), this of course means that there is a chance we get stuck in Iran if the Turkmenistan transit visa is refused. Can you apply a second time for an Azeri transit visa within a month? Is there any minimum time limit in between 2 transit visas?
0 x