Report: registration at OVIR in Semey (Kazachstan)

The place for all visa questions and embassy reports. Expert: Crazydre
Forum rules
Before asking a visa question, make sure you have read the relevant visa article about the country. Overview page: http://caravanistan.com/visa/

Before submitting an embassy report or question, have a look first to see if a topic already exists. Relevant topics are linked to from the visa pages on the site.

Thank you!
Hanne

Report: registration at OVIR in Semey (Kazachstan)

Post by Hanne »

I'm from Belgium travelling in Kazachstan on the visa free regime and just got my two stamps when I crossed the Russian/Kazach border between Rubtsovsk and Semey. Therefore I didn't need to register with the immigration police anymore but just in case I decided to go to the OVIR in Semey to check if everything was ok. The OVIR is in the same building as the police station (kazbagarova street 22) but through the back entrance. If you're standing in front of the police office facing the entrance you turn right and walk around the building until you find stairs leading to a double door around the corner. The immigration registration is in cabinet nr. 5. The office is open from 9 am to 6 pm with a lunch break between 1 pm and 2.30 pm. The staff was very friendly and one of them spoke very good English. They confirmed that everything was ok. So as far as I know you don't need the OVIR when travelling visa free.
1 x