Kazakh transit visa

The place for all visa questions and embassy reports. Expert: Crazydre
Forum rules
Before asking a visa question, make sure you have read the relevant visa article about the country. Overview page: http://caravanistan.com/visa/

Before submitting an embassy report or question, have a look first to see if a topic already exists. Relevant topics are linked to from the visa pages on the site.

Thank you!
laurent_rio

Re: Kazakh transit visa

Post by laurent_rio »

Hi ,

My friend last year took air Astana from Bishkek to Kuala Lumpur, He has trouble because the route is Bishkek-Astana-Almaty-KL, and he buy all of this ticket as connecting flight (not separate). In the end in Astana, the staff of air Astana help him to get visa transit for 15 USD on the basis that he has connecting flight from Almaty to KL.
0 x

steven
Admin
Admin

Post by steven »

@tej: see http://caravanistan.com/forum/viewtopic ... 668#p10778 for a company that might get you the LOI.
0 x
If you like Caravanistan: we have opened a tip jar! We love you back! :D

Lubu1200

Post by Lubu1200 »

Hi Steve,

I have a connecting flight from Delhi to istanbul at astana.
I have a 2 hrs stoppage and the flight leaves from same terminal so do I need a transit Visa.???? Plz help
0 x

steven
Admin
Admin

Post by steven »

No
0 x

play360

Post by play360 »

Hello Steve!
Hello everyone!

Just a quick question on this topic of Kazakhstan Transit Visa!
I am a Philippine passport holder and planning to travel to Central Asia this year.

One of my flights will include more than 17hours layover in Astana.
I am aware of the situation that I cannot count on the feasibility of a transit visa on arrival.

Thus, I plan on securing it in a Kazakh Embassy in Bishkek or Tashkent. I did research on this and I was told that if the purpose is transit, I can file my application in any Kazakh Embassy. I also have all paperwork and documents ready.

However, this is my question.

1. May I know how many days it will take to secure a transit visa? I was hoping to get it the quickest and shortest time possible as I only have limited days in both Bishkek and Tashkent.

Thanks!
0 x

steven
Admin
Admin

Post by steven »

Hi,

it's a good question. Since a lot of people don't need visas for Kazakhstan any more, I get little information. I don't know, I am sorry.
0 x

laurent_rio

Post by laurent_rio »

play360 wrote:Hello Steve!
Hello everyone!

Just a quick question on this topic of Kazakhstan Transit Visa!
I am a Philippine passport holder and planning to travel to Central Asia this year.

One of my flights will include more than 17hours layover in Astana.
I am aware of the situation that I cannot count on the feasibility of a transit visa on arrival.

Thus, I plan on securing it in a Kazakh Embassy in Bishkek or Tashkent. I did research on this and I was told that if the purpose is transit, I can file my application in any Kazakh Embassy. I also have all paperwork and documents ready.

However, this is my question.

1. May I know how many days it will take to secure a transit visa? I was hoping to get it the quickest and shortest time possible as I only have limited days in both Bishkek and Tashkent.

Thanks!

Hi Paul,

It is from other thread

"In Tashkent, both my wife and I (Chinese and Canadian respectively) were able t get a 5-day transit visa from the Kazakh Embassy, without a letter of invitation. Each person paid $20 USD and processing took 1 week. This might change depending on the Visa Officer, I hear, but we were able to get exactly what we needed.

Good luck to future travellers!"
0 x

Eliana

Post by Eliana »

Hi,

I'm a Colombian travelling from Corea to Germany by plane however I have a connection flight in Astana, I'm going to be there for 24 hours before I can take the flight to Germany. Is it necessary for me to apply for a transit visa? (I won't leave the airport, and the connection flight is in the same terminal)
PD: I've read some of the posts with almost the same question, and I understand that I won't need it, but I'd like to know if it has changed this year.

Cheers.
0 x

steven
Admin
Admin

Post by steven »

Hi Eliana,

To my knowledge nothing has changed.
0 x

mayhew123

Post by mayhew123 »

What is the difference between a transit visa and a tourist visa?
It seems like a transit visa allows for a stay of 5 days in Kazakhstan. But I am confused as I thought generally transit visas are only for if you are going to stay in the airport. Can I leave the Nur-Sultan airport with a transit visa?

I am an Indian citizen with a Green Card for US permanent residency.
I plan to fly into Astana, and see the city for a little over 24 hours and then fly to Uzbekistan.
In Uzbekistan I plan to stay for 10-12 days.
After finishing up in Uzbekistan, I will fly to Almaty (from Tashkent). Then the plan is to stay in Almaty for three days, then fly to Astana. From Astana, I will take my flight back home. In total, I will be in Kazakhstan for four days in this part of my trip (plus one day when I originally flew into Astana).

I am aware of the transit visa-free regime for Indian citizens up to 72 hours. However, I have gotten mixed communications from the Kazakh embassy in US and India regarding whether I need to fly in on a Kazakh airline to qualify for this. Anyone have insight into this?

Should I just apply for two single-entry transit visas instead of a tourist visa for my above plan? It would be cheaper for me and less of a hassle since I won't have to acquire an LOI. Is it okay if I roam around Astana and Almaty on a transit visa?

Thank you!

Edit: the website for the Kazakh consulate in the US does not even have an option for transit visa when I view this page for green card holders: https://consular.kazakhembus.com/foreig ... -residency
0 x