Kazakh transit visa

The place for all visa questions and embassy reports. Expert: Crazydre
Forum rules
Before asking a visa question, make sure you have read the relevant visa article about the country. Overview page: http://caravanistan.com/visa/

Before submitting an embassy report or question, have a look first to see if a topic already exists. Relevant topics are linked to from the visa pages on the site.

Thank you!
steven
Admin
Admin

Re: Kazakh transit visa

Postby steven » Fri Nov 18, 2016 4:44 am

Hi,

Please fill in form here: http://caravanistan.com/visa/kazakhstan ... nvitation/ You will be automatically connected to an agent in Kazakhstan.
0 x
If you like Caravanistan: we have opened a tip jar! We love you back! :D

Wanderlusterbir

Postby Wanderlusterbir » Tue Apr 25, 2017 2:49 am

I am traveling to Uzbekistan from India and planning to buy Air Astana air ticket via Almaty.Can I apply for Transit visa at airport for 1/2 days without letter of Invitation.I have 15 hour time stay at Airport
0 x

steven
Admin
Admin

Postby steven » Tue Apr 25, 2017 1:55 pm

0 x

rakeshogi1

Postby rakeshogi1 » Tue May 16, 2017 5:37 am

Hey guys,

I'm an Indian national studying in the US.
I'm travelling to Kazakhstan as a part of my Mongol Rally trip.

I've been trying to get an LOI for my Kazakh tourist visa, however, most agencies in KZ tell me that I can only apply in my country of citizenship (India, in my case). I wrote to the Kazakhstan Consulate in NYC, and they told me that I'm indeed eligible to apply at NYC consulate as I'm a student in the US (rather than a tourist). When I tell this to tourist agencies, none of them are accepting it!

So, my plan now is to get a Transit Visa instead. I already have my Uzbekistan and Russian visas. However, I'm wondering if I need to know the exact dates of entry and exit from Kazakhstan. Or can I specify a 1 month time window within which I can enter but stay no more than 5 days?
And for Transit Visa, do I still need an LOI?

I have anyway written to the NYC Consulate again. I will update here once I hear back.
0 x

steven
Admin
Admin

Postby steven » Thu May 18, 2017 10:19 am

Hi Rakeshogi,

did you try to get the LOI through Caravanistan? In that case, I can talk to our agency in Kazakhstan to get you the LOI for application in New York.

I just noticed the transit visa page is in need of an update since things change so fast, it is hard to keep up. I think you will still need a LOI but ask the NY consulate for confirmation.

You can specify 5 days within 30 days timeframe.
0 x

tej_sss

Postby tej_sss » Mon May 22, 2017 11:15 am

Hi Steve,

Thanks for helping confused souls on this forum. KZ visa rules are mind-boggling. I am looking to apply for multiple entry transit visa for my upcoming trip in Aug-17. I already have flight tickets in and out of KZ booked.

Unfortunately the KZ embassy site for India looks hacked (www.kazembassy.in) and Caravanistan doesnt provide LOIs for transit visas. I contacted a local travel agency in Almaty they say that LOI is not required for transit visas and that they cannot help me.

Please guide! What should I do?
1 x

steven
Admin
Admin

Postby steven » Tue May 23, 2017 6:22 am

Hi tej_sss,

I will contact our agency to ask for more details why they do not provide LOIs for transit visas. Bear with me! It's as confusing for you as it is for me, trust me!
1 x

tej_sss

Postby tej_sss » Mon May 29, 2017 8:56 am

That will be great if you could help me with it, I havent been able to find any one who could help me with transit / multiple entry visa.

Also - can you pls confirm that I can get a transit visa for land travel from Almaty Airport to Tashkent visa Shymkent (max 2 days - transit visa is valid for 5 days from MFA website as I understand)

Thanks in advance.

Satej

steven wrote:Hi tej_sss,

I will contact our agency to ask for more details why they do not provide LOIs for transit visas. Bear with me! It's as confusing for you as it is for me, trust me!
0 x

steven
Admin
Admin

Postby steven » Tue May 30, 2017 5:51 am

Hi Tej,

so I asked, it is basically a question of ROI: it takes them so much time to get the LOI, to make it worth their while, they need you to get a tour as well so they can earn some money to pay their staff. So no transit visas.

Yes, 2 days travel is fine in a transit visa so you can definitely make it to Tashkent.

Let us know if you found an agency that can help. Sorry I cannot do more for you. I am doing my best, but I am just one guy with a laptop.
1 x

tej_sss

Postby tej_sss » Tue May 30, 2017 12:14 pm

Hi Steven, no luck with any agency that is willing to help. Do you know if they still give a transit visa on arrival at Almaty airport? Have seen conflicting reports on various online forums.

Thanks,
Satej

steven wrote:Hi Tej,

so I asked, it is basically a question of ROI: it takes them so much time to get the LOI, to make it worth their while, they need you to get a tour as well so they can earn some money to pay their staff. So no transit visas.

Yes, 2 days travel is fine in a transit visa so you can definitely make it to Tashkent.

Let us know if you found an agency that can help. Sorry I cannot do more for you. I am doing my best, but I am just one guy with a laptop.
0 x