Kazakh transit visa

The place for all visa questions and embassy reports. Expert: Crazydre
Forum rules
Before asking a visa question, make sure you have read the relevant visa article about the country. Overview page: http://caravanistan.com/visa/

Before submitting an embassy report or question, have a look first to see if a topic already exists. Relevant topics are linked to from the visa pages on the site.

Thank you!
philiphdf

Kazakh transit visa

Postby philiphdf » Wed Jun 25, 2014 9:59 pm

Hello,

I will be travelling from Bishkek to Tashkent next week. I would like to take the train instead of going through Andijon. This means going through Shymkent in Kazakhstan.

1. Does one need a transit visa if passenger stays on the train ?
2. How much time does it take to get a kazakh transit visa in Bishkek for a Belgium citizen ?
3. Is the train the best way to get to Tashkent (time/money) from Bishkek?
4. How much time does it take from Bishkek to Tashkent by road through Andijon ?

Thank you for your help. Cheers,

Philip
0 x

steven
Admin
Admin

Re: Kazakh transit visa

Postby steven » Thu Jun 26, 2014 9:51 am

1. Yes
2. 1-4 days
3. Airplane is quicker and a bit more expensive. Marshrutka is also quicker but less comfortable. Train is a bit slower but more comfortable.
4. Do it in 2 days.

See http://caravanistan.com/transport/train/kyrgyzstan for more info.
0 x
If you like Caravanistan: we have opened a tip jar! We love you back! :D

Luxor

Postby Luxor » Wed Jul 02, 2014 5:42 pm

H, lets reuse this thread. I have to go through Kazakhstan for a flight transit, and have no need to leave the airport. Steven, I say your comment here http://caravanistan.com/visa/kazakhstan/transit-visa/, could you confirm that I still do not have to worry about transit visa if only changing flights and staying in the airport? That would be so nice.
0 x

steven
Admin
Admin

Postby steven » Thu Jul 03, 2014 7:08 am

In Almaty? This problem seems to be solved now since this year. In Astana, there was no problem to begin with. You should be fine.
0 x

viajerita

Postby viajerita » Mon Nov 07, 2016 9:08 pm

Hello!
I am a Taiwanese traveling from Spain to Taiwan by land.
I am now in Tehran, Iran.
My idea is to go like this: Iran-Turkmenistan-Kazakhstan-China-Taiwan
For Turkmenistan and Kazakhstan I only want to apply for transit visa due to the limited money and time that I have. I don't want to change my plan to go through Pakistan because that would take me more time and effort to go back home.
I have to get the visa from Kazakhstan first and then the visa from Turkmenistan.
I went to the embassy of Kazakhstan twice and the officer told me that I could only apply for the transit visa with a flight ticket (of getting in and out of Kazakhstan), and even said that there is no way to go from Kazakhstan to China by land, only airplane!! I (and my friend who helped me) tried to say that there is train, bus, taxi or I could even hitchhike, but he just refused.
I asked some friends and they said the only solution is to buy a plane ticket that can be canceled from Iran to Kazakhstan and one from Kazakhstan to China and apply for the visa, and then go by land.
Could anyone tell me is that possible? On the visa is there any sigh that mentions the transportation you take? Would there be any problem when I cross the land borders?
Thank you!!
0 x

steven
Admin
Admin

Postby steven » Wed Nov 09, 2016 5:47 am

Hi viajerita,

there is no mention of the transport you are taking on the visa. Once you have it in your passport, you are free to enter through whatever border you want, with whatever transport you want. The ambassador is just being an asshole, because you are Taiwanese. Kazakhs are very afraid of Chinese, and they don't make a distinction between Taiwan and China.

Hope that helps!
1 x

viajerita

Postby viajerita » Wed Nov 09, 2016 4:38 pm

Thanks a lot for the answer!!! :D
Yes, I just gave them the airplane ticket yesterday and got my visa today! No mentions of transportation!
They asked me what I am going to do in Kazakhstan and even asked me about the difference of China and Taiwan, haha.
1 x

lebapakmyradow

Postby lebapakmyradow » Wed Nov 16, 2016 11:23 am

Hi everybody, so i have this situation and I would be more than happy if you share your knowledge with me.

I hold a Turkmen citizenship and want to travel Bishkek from Almaty. So I have these following questions:

1. Is it possible to travel Almaty for 2-3 days with transit visa and then pass the border with Kyrgyzystan with car/land?
2. Do I need any invitation letter to get transit visa for Almaty?

I will have the Kg visa when I arrive to Almaty.
Thank you for your help)
0 x

steven
Admin
Admin

Postby steven » Thu Nov 17, 2016 4:30 am

1 x

lebapakmyradow

Postby lebapakmyradow » Thu Nov 17, 2016 3:34 pm

Thank you Steven, can you advise me any company that would help me with the LOI for Transit visa please.

Regards.
0 x