Embassy report: Uzbek visa in Bishkek

The place for all visa questions and embassy reports. Expert: Crazydre
Forum rules
Before asking a visa question, make sure you have read the relevant visa article about the country. Overview page: http://caravanistan.com/visa/

Before submitting an embassy report or question, have a look first to see if a topic already exists. Relevant topics are linked to from the visa pages on the site.

Thank you!
steven
Admin
Admin

Re: Uzbek Embassy in Bishkek - no need for appointment

Post by steven »

Please read and post reports on the Uzbek embassy in Bishkek below.

We summarize all info in the embassy reports of the Uzbek visa page.
0 x
If you like Caravanistan: we have opened a tip jar! We love you back! :D

linux_steve

Embassy report: Uzbek visa in Bishkek

Post by linux_steve »

Just to let you know...

You don't really need an appointment at the Uzbek Embassy in Bishkek. You will just have to wait until everyone else with appointment went inside.

When I applied she said "but the next time you apply, you will make an appointment". Yeah, sure! Next life.
And when picking up my visa I called on Thursday and she said its finished and I can pick it up on Tuesday. I just went there on Friday without appointment and got it. No problem.
0 x

tomosaurus

Post by tomosaurus »

Any ideas on opening times? One place I've read says 9-1pm then another says from 2pm onwards.

I called today to make an appointment, they told me to come back in approx 1 week to apply, this isn't possible. I'm going to head to the embassy now with my forms etc, and try pushing to the front and I'll write up my experience tomorrow. I don't have an LOI as it's not required for UK PP holders, but it seems it's a lot straightforward with it (on the spot issuance).
0 x

tomosaurus

Post by tomosaurus »

Oh and further to this, the guys at Tunduk hostel told me many people had pushed to the front and got the gig, but the last guy who tried without appointment got told to leave.
0 x

tomosaurus

Post by tomosaurus »

So I went this morning, 10am, waited for 45 mins, no sign of any action. The reception is behind a locked gate. There were 4 others waiting, no one spoke English.

I got bored of waiting, not knowing how long I would be there with seemingly slow to no progress on the 'queue'. I pushed in through the gate with the next person to go through, the woman went crazy with, told me I was 'disrespecting (their) rules', she then told me to 'get out' and phone the number as per the instructions outside.

When I told her I had already and had been told I had to wait 2 weeks ( ;) ) for the appointment which wasn't possible, that I had a flight etc. she reluctantly relented and a guy appeared to do the application, which took all of 5 seconds.

All in all it's ridiculous that we have to wait at all to do the application, there's literally nothing to it, total waste of time.

I've been told to call back next week which is perfect for me, will update then. Overall I think their patience will wear thin the more people just show up so don't count on this method working all the time as the OP suggests. Another solution is to apply online for an LOI, wait 8 days then walk up and get your visa. It's more expensive, but if you're in a pickle, might be a more sure way of doing it.
0 x

steven
Admin
Admin

Post by steven »

Thanks, that's useful info!
0 x
If you like Caravanistan: we have opened a tip jar! We love you back! :D

tomosaurus

Post by tomosaurus »

Ok to update, I got back to Bishkek today and called to see if it was ready, 10 days after my application. I was told to call back at 5pm.

I went to the embassy as I don't have a sim card, the woman was again thoroughly unpleasant, she told me I'd have to wait another 4 days and that my visa wasn't ready. I explained that my entry date was in 1 day, she said she didn't care and it didn't matter. Eventually she agreed to see me tomorrow at 10am.

The process is a joke, if you're planning on applying from Bishkek, allow at least 10 days possibly 14. I'll update tomorrow if I get the visa.
0 x

tomosaurus

Post by tomosaurus »

OK visa finally in hand, I went at 10am as instructed, waited for 90 minutes for those in front of me to go through then went inside. She asked me what date I was going, I said 2 days later than my application, she disappeared and came back 15 minutes later visa in hand. Talking to a Japanese guy and a Malaysian outside, apparently this woman is notorious, we all agreed Almaty is a far better option if you want to get an nonsense free visa. Ultimately though, the OPs claim isn't very accurate.

So to sum up, here's the steps to get you a visa in Bishkek as of September 2014:

-UK Passport
-65USD - Single Entry / 2 weeks
-2/3 weeks
-You keep your passport.

1) A Russian speaker should call 0312 66 30 78 to book an appointment to apply for the visa. The waiting time is usually 5 days, if you speak English she will hang up on you.

2) Go to the embassy at the specific time with your passport copy, application form and 2 photos - they didn't ask for a copy of my Kyrgyzstan visa stamp or an letter of invitation as stated as a requirement by the agent I contacted through Caravanistan. The process last literally seconds, they check your form and dissapear - telling you to call back in 7 days.

3) Call the number 7 days later after 5pm, she will not accept your call before this time for some unknown reason. She will then tell you to come to the embassy at 10am, 4/5 days later.

4) Go to the embassy, try to be there at 9:30am to beat the queue, wait and collect your visa.

Hope that's useful! Same applied to Japanese and Malaysian applicants.
0 x

bettyengerard
Supporter
Supporter

Uzbekistan visa in Bishkek on the spot with LOI

Post by bettyengerard »

Uzbekistan-LOI via caravanistan.com within 2 weeks, to use within one month.
On 7-7-2015, at the Uzbek embassy in Bishkek, we got our 30-day-visa on the spot for $75 p.p in our Dutch passports..
After a telephonecall, mentioning our name and LOI-number we had an appointment the next day at 10.00.
At 10.00 the lady came out and checked everybody in a certain order. Then those people were called in one by one in that order. At 11.15 we left with the visa in our passports.

Uzbekistan Embassy in Bishkek
Tynystanov Street 213
tel: +996.312.662.065
N42.87326 E074.60914
0 x

steven
Admin
Admin

Re: Uzbekistan visa in Bishkek on the spot with LOI

Post by steven »

Thank you, and thank you again! :-)
0 x