Embassy report: Iran visa in Tbilisi

The place for all visa questions and embassy reports. Expert: Crazydre
Forum rules
Before asking a visa question, make sure you have read the relevant visa article about the country. Overview page: http://caravanistan.com/visa/

Before submitting an embassy report or question, have a look first to see if a topic already exists. Relevant topics are linked to from the visa pages on the site.

Thank you!
Biscotte Adventures

Re: Embassy report: Iran visa in Tbilisi

Post by Biscotte Adventures »

@thebee

Hey there, just read your posting on how you succeeded with getting your Iranian visa.

When you applied for your Iran authorisation number as a Canadian did you apply as part of a tour, or where you independently travelling?

If independently, with which agency did you apply for the Authorisation Code?

Thanks
Chris
0 x
Chris
PanAm 2011-2013
Cent Asia 2015-2016: biscotteadventures.wordpress.com
Moto to Japan 2019

steven
Admin
Admin

Post by steven »

Hi Biscotte,

you can also contact this TO http://hitchhikershandbook.com/2015/06/ ... -canadian/
0 x
If you like Caravanistan: we have opened a tip jar! We love you back! :D

Biscotte Adventures

Post by Biscotte Adventures »

Thanks Stephen
I have been studying this site. To me it has a feel of a snake oil medecin man pitch. Not being able to directly contact and communicate with the agency makes me feel unsure.

As the Iran visa is a risky bet on a good day, with rejections and its long term implications for subsequent visa applications, i'd rather not jump into the fray.

Do we have any OTHER feedback and success stories to confirm the claims from this site?

Chris
0 x
Chris
PanAm 2011-2013
Cent Asia 2015-2016: biscotteadventures.wordpress.com
Moto to Japan 2019

weltentrotter.de

Post by weltentrotter.de »

Hi all,
we, a german couple, got our iran visa in Tbilisi without any problems. It lastet from Friday to Wednesday. Same procedure as described previously. The most important things are the reference number (got over caravanistan.com), a copy of travel health insurance and the detailed address and phone number of a hotel in Iran (no reservation required).
Good luck!
0 x

hippiephia

Post by hippiephia »

Hello,

we went to the Iranian Embassy last Friday. Mr. Shota gave us the application form and the small paper to pay for the visa at the bank and told us to come back on Monday.

The problem: He gave us two receipts and told us to pay 100 Euro each. We are german passport holders and the price is normally around 40-60 Euro. I asked him, if he is sure about 100 Euro each. He told us, that the prices changed with the new year in Iran, which just began.

I don't really trust him. So we wrote an e-mail to keytopersia and asked about the visa price. They told us, that it should be between 50 and 70 Euro and that they didn't hear anything about new prices. Who should we believe now? Our plan was to go back to the embassy and asked again before paying the 100 Euro. But I don't think, that he is bribing us, cause we have to bring the money to the bank instead of paying cash. What happens if he gets angry with us? Is he able to refuse our visa just because he can?

Any suggestions how we should handle this situation? Would be great the hear some advices or tips.

UPDATE:
Before paying we went to the embassy and asked friendly about the prices, again. He was absolutely sure about the new prices - "instruction of the ministry". However, we have to believe him. He said, that it is the same for other european countries now (e.g. French). After paying the fee everything was easy and uncomplicated. We can collect our Visa at Wednesday (today is Monday).
0 x

steven
Admin
Admin

Post by steven »

Thank you for the update, hippiephia, we will just have to wait for confirmation from other embassies. Shota is a shifty guy not to be trusted, but the fact that it goes to the bank does lend credibility to his story.

To be continued...
0 x
If you like Caravanistan: we have opened a tip jar! We love you back! :D

Wegen van de wereld

Post by Wegen van de wereld »

Had a great experience with Mr. Shota. We don't recognize the bad stories about him. He is short in his answers, but correct. He also spend some time helping getting our money back after a wrong transaction (really our own fault).
- 2 Dutch guys
- Went to the embassy by bike, no one cares
- 50 Euro each, transferred at TBC (don't go to another bank, takes a long time to get your money back
- Got the visa the next day, after some pushing and smiling with Mr. Shota
- Adress in Iran, you can just pick one. We used: Darya Hotel, 22 Bahman Ave, Tabriz, +98 41 3445 355
- Needed LOI, got it via Key2Persia (great service)

Good luck,

Daniel & Eric
1 x

Blau-Zeit.de

Post by Blau-Zeit.de »

Went to embassy today and our Mr. Shota is in bad mood again... We should pay 100€ each (german passports) ... And we should pay in cash so no bank transfer ... I was bargaining a lot and made up some stories knowing this and this guy without success ... I went trough all the steps our passports were already in the plastic bag to send but only for 200€ for two persons. I refused ... I asked him about his full name and position but he only told me I have to leave now without telling me his name ... Really strange ... Got his name through some circumbendibus its Shota Tavazohi ... Met a german guy who picked up his passport and also payed 100€ and two swiss people had to pay 100€ each as well (dont know if they did) ... Its hard to bargain when everyone is paying the 100€ ... I would advice to apply Visa everywhere else if possible and not to support the corruption and to make this man rich ... I know its hard because you already payed for the LOI ... But he knows this as well ... We will try in Yerevan again...
Or maybe Im totally wrong and its really 100€ now? If so Im sorry...

Cheers and good luck
Karl
0 x

Toni+Daniel

Post by Toni+Daniel »

After reading the last embassy reports we were a little bit nervous to go there, but everything worked out fine. We, a german couple, got the visa after some days. Went there on friday, picked up on wednesday.
Needed a registration number, that we got via key2persia, two pictures (with headscarf for women), copy of our insurance, our passports, an iterinary and adress and phone number of a hotel in Iran. Make sure you have the full adress AND the phone no. No booking needed. Paid 50€ each at TBC bank (it's near the Turkish embassy, couldn't find it in google maps). This might take a while, you have to register first at the bank, but they are all very helpful and speak English.
Good luck to all fellow travellers!
0 x

verisveritas

Embassy report: Iran visa in Tbilisi

Post by verisveritas »

After reading all the horrible stories I was also very insecure about the turnout of the application in Tblisi. Two other cyclists were asked to pay 100Euro just a few days before and decided not to get the visa in Tbilisi. But for me it turned out to be a very nice experience. Mr. Shota was very busy that Monday morning, I was waiting for mor than 45 minutes, but he was very kind. He told me to pay 50 Euros at TBC bank and come back tomorrow. I asked if I could come back the same day and he said yes, before 1pm. At TBC bank it took forever because I had to become a client first to be able to make the payment. When I left the bank it was already after 1pm but I thought Ill try anyway. I arrived at 1.30pm at the embassy and Mr. Shota still let me in and accepted my application. Told me to pick the visa up on Friday which I didnt expect, I hoped to get it on Tuesday or Wednesday. He gave me his number to call and see if visa is ready before Friday. I tried calling the next day but no answer. I went there on Wednesday morning but it was the week of the ending of Ramadan so holiday. I came back Friday morning and I got my visa!
So Im not sure what it was that I paid the real price and a few days before a German and a Swiss guy were asked to pay double... Maybe he realized people will just leave and go to Yerevan if he keeps on charging too much. I was wearing a head scarf when I entered the embassy, thought that might help. I had pictures with and without a scarf, he wanted the ones without a scarf. When I was in his office alone on Friday he told me its not necessary to wear a scarf since we are in Georgia... I think its a good idea to be very quite and polite with him, but still no guarantee... Good luck for you!
0 x