Embassy Report: Turkmen visa in Ankara

The place for all visa questions and embassy reports. Expert: Crazydre
Forum rules
Before asking a visa question, make sure you have read the relevant visa article about the country. Overview page: http://caravanistan.com/visa/

Before submitting an embassy report or question, have a look first to see if a topic already exists. Relevant topics are linked to from the visa pages on the site.

Thank you!
Aasver

Re: Embassy Report: Turkmen visa in Ankara

Postby Aasver » Mon May 15, 2017 10:53 am

French passport, rejected

applied in Ankara in march 2017, pick up in Tbilissi.
No news after 1 month, after 45 days they sent me an email saying my application for 5 days transit visa was rejected. "Best regards."
1 x

travellingmusician

Postby travellingmusician » Fri Jun 02, 2017 6:40 am

roro wrote:"30 year old bearded guy got a 5 day transit visa in ankara, pick up in teheran. no money wanted in ankara."
I had the same experiencein 2015.
Have you received any confirmation (email,sms) before picking-up yur visa in Teh.?
RR.

I received a e-mail after about 15 days with an attached letter. picked it up in teheran, took 5 minutes.
greets
0 x

Mike

Postby Mike » Wed Sep 13, 2017 11:41 pm

Addendum to my experience in 2015 (forgot to mention it at the time!) - I applied to the Turkmen transit visa in Ankara and arranged to collect it in Baku. When I found the embassy there (a feat in itself, since it's located in a maze of alleyways), the guys on the gate told me to come back in a couple of days. Did that, they shook their heads, one of them got a diary out and pointed to a date a couple of weeks later. Eventually they found someone who spoke a bit more English, who explained that the consul was on holiday (and presumably no-one else had the authority to issue visas in his absence). His scheduled return date was later than the dates for which I had requested the visa, so I gave up on Turkmenistan and took the boat to Kazakhstan instead. If you're desperate to get into Turkmenistan, you may want to contact the embassy in advance to check when the consul has his holiday booked for...
1 x