Mongolia long-term car parking Q&A

Self-driving the Silk Road.
steven
Admin
Admin

Re: Car Parking in Mongolia

Post by steven »

This thread gathers all questions and reports surrounding long-term car and motorbike parking in Mongolia.

We sum up all tips and rules surrounding long-term parking across Eurasia in our article on Long-term vehicle storage on a Silk Road trip.
0 x
If you like Caravanistan: we have opened a tip jar! We love you back! :D

Laroco

Mongolia long-term car parking Q&A

Post by Laroco »

Dear all,
We are driving to Mongolia this spring. We want to fly home and have people who want to drive back our landrover via Russia.
Does anybody have ( recent) experience with that in regards to:

Are we able to drive in and fly out, meaning would we have problems at the airport border if we leave with out our car?

And what do the people driving back our car need to arrange while crossing the landborder with our landrover ?

Thanks for any info!
0 x

steven
Admin
Admin

Re: Mongolia any advice on visa, customs for letting somebody else drive back our landrover

Post by steven »

Have you read this? http://caravanistan.com/transport/driving/mongolia/

I have heard of people parking their car and explaining it to the border guards at the airport, so it is possible. Not sure what papers you need to transfer to get the car out and into Russia.
0 x

Laroco

Re: Mongolia any advice on visa, customs for letting somebody else drive back our landrover

Post by Laroco »

Dear Steven
Thanks for the reply. I had read the infos about the deposit and parking but also read other posts and some contradicting info on the internet.
This makes it all a bit confusing. We are currently liaising with the Mongolian consulate in the Netherlands to get more information.

Any previous experiences would also help to sort out. Do you or anyone else know if the deposit is always asked at the border and do you have to pay it in cash?

thnks again
0 x

uwelix

Car Parking in Mongolia

Post by uwelix »

Hi! I will go with 6 friends with a VW minivan (2008) to Mongolia. We plan to spent also one week in China. We booked a flight from Ulan Bator to BeiJing and back. Can I leave without problem Mongolia and return back, how long our car is parking at a guesthouse? Will the put a remark in the passport that I entered with car? Thank You for any information!
0 x

steven
Admin
Admin

Re: Mongolia long-term car parking Q&A

Post by steven »

It still seems possible to explain to the border guards you parked your car in Mongolia. In the past, people have parked their cars at the Oasis guesthouse or the Toyota workshop in Ulan Bator. 
0 x

yb1367

Re: Mongolia long-term car parking Q&A

Post by yb1367 »

The guys at Drive Mongolia also have parking available at their River Point lodge just outside of UB city.
Here is their website https://www.drivemongolia.com, but best to use FB for everything in Mongolia.
1 x