Overland back to Europe from India, Advise needed

Post your itinerary questions and trip reports here
zafferano

Overland back to Europe from India, Advise needed

Post by zafferano »

Hello everybody,

as this forum seems really useful and experienced to me about Central Asia, I wanted to ask what you think about this plan, anything is appreciated, especially if you think some part of the route is not good or needs planning.

I am in India right now and will leave in about 4 weeks, as I don't have enough money left for the former plan (fly Myanmar then cross to Vietnam - China - Russia - Europe), I figured now a possible new route. I dont want to fly to long distance, its not about money as flying home is always cheaper nowadays.

I would fly from Delhi to Bishkek(no Visa required) go to Kazakhstan (no Visa req.), try to get Russian transit visa or tourist Visa in Almaty (probably not possible), if i get it, no Problem I think to take a train to Moscow and from there to Berlin. If no Visa for Russia, then take train or bus to Aktau (without crossing Uzbekistan),try to get a ship to Azerbaijan (eVisa), then Georgia (no Visa), Ferry to Ukraine (no Visa), from there via Poland to Berlin.

So any thoughts on this ? Problems ? Expensive ?

Thankful for any response,
greetings !
0 x

steven
Admin
Admin

Re: Overland back to Europe from India, Advise needed

Post by steven »

Hi zafferano,

seems like you already did some careful reading and planning. I cannot find fault with either of your plans. Here is a third plan.
Take a train to Atyrau, then to Astrakhan and then beyond.
0 x
If you like Caravanistan: we have opened a tip jar! We love you back! :D

zafferano

Post by zafferano »

Hey steve,

thanks for replying, yes the basic information I have and it does not seem to difficult, your alternative also sounds good an if I get Russian Visa I will consider it, definetly would be cheaper.

You think the way over caspian and black sea would be possible to do with about 700$ ? Just if it seems realistic to you ? With cheapest rooms or bed and platzcartny and so on of course ..
0 x

steven
Admin
Admin

Post by steven »

Sorry it has been a month but yes, it is possible on such a budget/
0 x
If you like Caravanistan: we have opened a tip jar! We love you back! :D