Consulate report: Uzbek visa in New York

The place for all visa questions and embassy reports. Expert: Crazydre
Forum rules
Before asking a visa question, make sure you have read the relevant visa article about the country. Overview page: http://caravanistan.com/visa/

Before submitting an embassy report or question, have a look first to see if a topic already exists. Relevant topics are linked to from the visa pages on the site.

Thank you!
steven
Admin
Admin

Re: Consulate report: Uzbek visa in New York

Post by steven »

Please read and post reports on the Uzbek embassy in NY below.

We summarize all info in the embassy reports of the Uzbek visa page.
0 x
If you like Caravanistan: we have opened a tip jar! We love you back! :D

abombardier

Consulate report: Uzbek visa in New York

Post by abombardier »

Hi everyone,

An update from 2 Canadians that applied for the Uzbek visa at the New York Consulate. We had no problem at all getting the visas. The passports were sent on Monday night by Fedex and we got them back Thursday morning of the same week. 90$US for a double entry 30-day visa. Only one bank draft with the total of 180$US was asked. Of course, we submitted an LOI and a printed copy of the forms that you can find online on the embassy's website.

So, overall a positive experience!

Amélie
1 x

cherishka

Uzbekistan Visa - New York Embassy Report

Post by cherishka »

Hello travelers,

Just want to drop a quick report with the NYC Uzbek Consulate.
I followed all the steps/documents per their website.
I mailed it on March 24, received in the mail today April 3.
Total 7 business days from send to receive.

Visa: valid for 30 days, I asked for double entry and it was granted. I sent the same $160USD money order. Did not add extra $ for double entry.

List of what I sent -
1. Completed visa form (must be electronically filled via http://evisa.mfa.uz/)
2. U.S. passport
3. Passport photo
4. $160 money order from the post office
5. US Flat Rate Express Envelope x 2, one to send them my packet, one for them to send back the passport
I did not send them an LOI.

Information for Hong Kong passport holders - I also hold an HK passport and I initially wanted to use this to apply for the visa from the NYC/DC consulate (Iran/Turkmenistan related concern), both of them emailed me back and told me I will need an LOI for HK passport holder. So I proceed with my US passport.
1 x

stockmanjr

Uzbekistan Visa NYC

Post by stockmanjr »

Just got my Uzbekistan visa via mail from the NYC Consulate. Sent in my documents including LOI via express mail on Saturday, and got my visa back today. Total turn around time two business day. I had gotten an LOI from my tour operator which took three weeks.
1 x

luketao

Post by luketao »

Got my visa via mail from the NYC consulate. Here is the report:

1. Got my LOI for 5 working days. Chinese passport.
2. Consulate takes 2 working days to issue visa. I got 30 days with double entries as requested.
3. Follow the instructions on the website and everything worked fine.
4. Called them and they do answer phone calls.
5. LOI + Visa Fee + Mail Fee = $70 + $90 + $15 = $175

Uzbekistan visa is very expensive...
2 x

nvt2

Post by nvt2 »

Submitted my visa application (US citizen) in person on Jan 8, still no word...
1 x

MEH

Post by MEH »

I sent off for my Uzbek visa to the NY consulate on 12 March 2018 and received it back today on 24 March. The processing only took about 3 business days and the rest was mailing time.

I followed the directions on the consulate web page and sent in:
$160
Application
Passport
2 photos
Copy of my passport info page
Return priority mail envelope

I requested a 15 days visit, they approved 21 days within a two month window. And they sent back one of my passport photos.

Also, as an FYI, I contacted nvt2 from the post above this, and he did get his visa back by the end of January. He did have to enquirer about it, and it was apparently sitting on someone’s desk.
1 x

map93

Uzbekistan visa in New York

Post by map93 »

Hi everyone,

I want to apply for a tourist visa for Uzbekistan through the consulate in New York this week. While I have been informed that US citizens no longer require letters of invitation to receive tourist visas, I've noticed that the visa application form (http://evisa.mfa.uz/evisa_en/) still has a required field marked "inviting party." I've tried both calling and emailing the consulate to no avail, so I was wondering if anyone knows whether I can submit the visa application and simply put "n/a," or something to that effect, in that field.

Any advice on this subject would be appreciated, as I would like to avoid unnecessary expenses and delays in obtaining my visa.

Thanks!
0 x

Carafa

Re: Uzbekistan visa in New York

Post by Carafa »

I applied to the embassy in Washington. I put NA in that section.
0 x