- Couchsurfing is difficult in Bishkek in season, there are just not so many hosts.
- Interhouse: The Bishkek poshtel. Excellent value for money, right in the center.
- DOS: The cheapest place in town. Don’t expect much, but has a lovely vibe. Lots of Japanese. Wifi. Dorm 7$, double 15$.
- Nomad’s Home: Similar price as DOS, but it’s a bit nicer. Also fun with all necessary amenities and a mix of nations represented.
- Athouse: It’s the place to be for cycle tourists. Don’t go elsewhere because you can stay for 50 cents cheaper. 7$ camping, 15$ room.
- USSR hostel: Little bit out of the center, but otherwise faultless. Excellent prices. Great execution on the Soviet theme.
- Sakura & Sabyrbek are both often recommended, but young women have had negative experiences (harassed by the owners). I also don’t think they are very good (Sabyrbek: small, dirty – Sakura: clean, good wifi, but in a scary alleyway) compared to the many excellent alternatives now available. They are always full and people are happy, so maybe it’s just me.
- Some of the best deals in Bishkek are apartments. They sell out quick. Booking.com has the best selection imo, Airbnb has the cheapest. Tripadvisor is now also a big provider.
- Bed and breakfast Bishkek: Generic name, difficult to find, but in the center, cute, up to date decor and all amenities work (rare in Bishkek!). A winner. 50-60$ for a double.
- Southside Guesthouse: Ozzie Patrick and his wife Katja are excellent hosts, they have a quiet, cosy BnB near the center. Excellent breakfast. For peace-seekers. Located close to a hospital – good location for those winter power cuts :-) 40$ for a double.
- Futuro Hotel: Great hotel in terms of service and amenities, if you like the modern design. Staff goes out of their way. Excellent breakfast. Big minus: location is not great – not in walking distance of the center in the suburbs of Bishkek. 50-60$ for a double.
- Solutel: Recommended for business travelers. Very good new hotel in Bishkek. A surprise. From 100$.
- Hyatt Regency: Expensive but a good choice for 5-star travelers. It’s Hyatt. But it’s Bishkek.
- Golden Tulip: High standard comparable to Hyatt but rates are much better.
- Ambassador Hotel: Another 5-star place that gets high marks all-round. Difficult to say which one is better. It mostly depends on your personal taste.