Route: Almaty – Medeo complex (1700m) – Tourist Centre “Gorelnik” (2000m) – Titov pass (3630m) – Manzhylky weather station (3000m) – Shymbulak ski resort (2400m) – Almaty
- Hours per day: 4-5 hours
- Difference of heights: 2000m – 3630m
- Category of difficulty: ٭٭٭ medium treks, sometimes without trails and by snow and talus. Most of the route above 3500 meters. A good physical condition is required.
- Interesting to see: Waterfalls and Upper Gorelnik glacier
Cars take tourists to the stationary camp Gorelnik (2000m) along the road going past the sports complex Medeo. From Gorelnik, the starting point of the walking tour a wide footpath across the forest and shrubbery leads up the slope to a wide glade in the Upper Gorelnik ravine (1 hour’s walk).
Further on the ravine becomes narrower and the path runs up along the bank of the river through the forest past several waterfalls. The walk from the glade to the upper boundary of the forest takes 1.5 hours.
Here at the boundary of the forest separating it from the alpine grasslands the first camp is set for the night at the height of 3000m.
On the following day after packing and breakfast the ascent to upper parts of the ravine in the direction of the Titov pass begins.
The route runs through the alpine meadows and the stony moraines to the glacier. Having crossed the glacier the tourists find themselves on the crest of the Titov pass (3630m) from where there is a wonderful view of the glaciers and summits around the Maloalmatinsky ravine. The ascent takes 2,5 – 3 hours.
After a short rest on the crest which is the highest point of the trekking the tourists descend to the weather station Manzhilky from where they walk to Tuyuk-Su along ground road. The road runs along the vertical rocky walls 400-meters high and reaches Tuyuk-Su gate. Later tourists get into cars to go back to the city.
The route is not difficult technically though covers 3 climatic zones.
Join as an individual or a team.
- Price p/p in a group of 4-8 – 195 USD
- Price p/p in a group of 2-3 – 220 USD
- Individual price (1 person) – 430 USD
- – transport from Almaty city to the start place and back
- – mountain guide(s) services
- – National park fees and permissions
- – rent of bivouac equipment (for the programs of 2 days and more): living tents, portable gas kitchen gear, tableware etc.
- – foodstuff for all the period of trek (for the treks of 2 days and more)
- – safety in trek: emergency satellite connection, GPS monitoring with GPS spot
Price does not include:
- – porter services. It means that all the weight of common gear (like tents, food, gas etc.) will be divided between all the members including guides, and will have to be carried all together
- – rent of personal clothes, boots etc.
If you have any questions, please contact us via booking form.