Day 1. Karakol – Sirota campsite:
In the morning, we will go by local bus to the Karakol Leskhoz (Karakol National Park) ~15min (20km). The cost to enter the park is 250 SOM per person and 150 SOM per tent. The hike to Sirota campsite takes around 5-6 hours (22km). You will be walking alongside the river for ~3 hours (11km) and then cross a bridge with a cable and trek up the valley to the campsite. You will be able to see Tien-Shan pine trees and the Karakol river flowing with glacier water. Overnight in the tent (Elevation: 2700m).
Day 2. Sirota Campsite – Ala-Kul Lake:
Leaving the campsite, you will summit Ala-Kul Lake (3600m) in ~2-3 hours (4km). Enjoy a short hike around the lake and it’s also possible to make a summit at one of the nearby peaks. During winter Ala-Kul freezes solid and it’s still a mystery how deep the lake is. Beware at night the temperatures fall below 0 C. Overnight in the tent (Elevation: 3500m).
Day 3. Ala-Kul lake – Altyn Arashan:
Leaving the campsite, you will summit Ala-Kul pass (3860m) ~2 hours. Then you will descend to Keldiki gorge where you will find the Altyn Arashan alpine hut ~4-5 hours (15km). Be aware that the Ala-Kul pass is very steep with many loose rocks and can be dangerous. (Elevation: 2500m).
Day 4. Altyn Arashan – Karakol:
Leaving the hut in Altyn Arashan you hike down to Aksu Village ~3-4 hours (16km). The trek down is very enjoyable after the last three days of uphill trekking. Once you’re in Aksu you will take a local bus to Karakol ~30min (18km).
Price per person
- 2 – 3 pax 430$ /per
- 4 – 5 pax 350$ /per
- 6 – 7 pax 300$ /per
- 8 – 9 pax 280$ /per
- 10 – 11 pax 260$ /per
- 12 – 13 pax 230$ /per
Sometimes we have open groups for trekking, you can join the tour with other people. Please request.
The price includes:
- – The organization and logistics of the tour
- – English speaking travel guide
- – Transportation into Karakol valley, and back from Ak-Suu village to Karakol
- – Full board
- – Accommodation (tents, alpine hut)
- – Mineral hot bath in Altyn Arashan
- – Park fee entrance
- – Vehicle taxes
- – Cooking equipment and tents
The price doesn’t include
- – Sleeping bag and mat
- – Mineral water
- – Alcoholic beverages
- – Personal and other expenses not mentioned in the program
- – The personal baggage porter 45$day (15 kg)
- – This program is designed for walkers trained for 6-7 hours of trekking per day
- – The program is designed as a guide. It can undergo changes due flight schedules, weather conditions and other unforeseen.
- – On July 25, 2012, the visa is no longer required for Swiss citizens, EU, U.S., Canadian and Japanese (44 countries in all, see list on www mfa kg ), passport with at least 6 months valid for a period not exceeding 60 days. No mandatory vaccine.
Hope to see you in the land of Celestial Mountains soon!