By Turgen gorge up to the Mountain Institute glacier. The follow the path in East direction, cross the pass and trek down by Temirtas river and mountain plateau back to the Trekking Club safari-camping.
- Hours per day: 5-6 hours
- Difference of heights: 1800m – 3850m
- Category of difficulty: ٭٭٭ medium treks, sometimes without trails and by snow and talus. Most of the route above 3500 meters. A good physical condition is required.
- Weather conditions: +16°С…+20°С during a day, +4°С…+8°С at night.
Trek back follows the glacier near Saz peak, then the path goes in a direction of Donjailau plateau along a Temirtas riverbank. A number of beautiful lakes and high altitude pastures (dzhailau) will be passed by on a way back.
Day 1. Trek by Turgen river up to the confluence with Kairak river (waterfall), wade the flow and camping on a left side of Turgen, 5 hours. Overnight in tents at a height of 2300m.
Day 2. Cross up to plateau with 3 big lakes, 5-6 hours. Overnight in tents at a height of 3100m.
Day 3. Trek up in a direction of Mountain Institute glacier, 5-6 hours. Overnight in tents at a moraine of a glacier, at a height f 3350m.
Day 4. Cross Mountain Institute glacier and trek up to Glaciologist glacier. Climb over the pass (3850m) and trek down by the moraine in a direction of Temirtas river, 5-6 hours. Overnight in tents at a height of 3200m.
Day 5. Trek down following the Temirtas river, to the Donjailau plateau. Then turn in a direction of Kairak waterfall and further down along Turgen riverbank to Batan village (Trekking Club safari-camping), 6 hours.
Join as an individual or a team. Scheduled group tour dates:
17 – 21 July 2017
14 – 18 August 2017
04 – 08 September 2017
Note: More dates might be available if several people form a group and propose a date. Please contact us via booking form.
- Price p/p in a group of 4-8 – 425 USD
- Price p/p in a group of 2-3 – 460 USD
- Individual price (1 person) – 885 USD
- – transport from Almaty city to the start place and back
- – mountain guide(s) services
- – National park fees and permissions
- – rent of bivouac equipment (for the programs of 2 days and more): living tents, portable gas kitchen gear, tableware etc.
- – foodstuff for all the period of trek (for the treks of 2 days and more)
- – safety in trek: emergency satellite connection, GPS monitoring with GPS spot
Price does not include:
- – porter services. It means that all the weight of common gear (like tents, food, gas etc.) will be divided between all the members including guides, and will have to be carried all together
- – rent of personal clothes, boots etc.
If you have any questions, please contact us via booking form.