Day 1. Arrival to Tamchi village:
The tour starts in the village of Tamchi on the north shore of Issyk-Kul, it’s possible to hire private and public transport to bring you the Tamchi village. Your guide will meet at a local guesthouse where your guide will explain the tour for the next days. In the afternoon, it’s possible to go for a swim in Lake Issyk-Kul at the shoreline of the Tamchi village. Before dinner, you will be able to enjoy a felt show at women’s corporative and learn how Kyrgyz carpets are made. Accommodation in guesthouse in Tamchi Village 1600m.
Day 2. Tamchi – Lake Kogur:
After an early breakfast, you will be transferred to the head of the trial where you will meet your horsemen and your horse. The first big pass is the Koltor pass at 3320m. From this pass, you will be able to see the panoramic view of Lake Issyk-kul. If the weather is nice you will be able to enjoy lunch at the pass and take many pictures of the area. After lunch, you will be guided on horseback to Kogur Lake in the Chong Kemin National Park. Once you arrive in the lake you will be able to relax and possibly do a short hike around the lake. Accommodation in tents at 2830m. Overnight in tent.
Day 3. Karol – Doeboe village:
After breakfast, your horse will be ready and you will be guided down to the Chong Kemin valley. There will be many small and big passes that you will pass along the way before you reach the village of Doeboe. On the way, you will have time to enjoy lunch on the Chong Kemin river. Once you arrive in the village of Doeboe you will be able to enjoy a short concert at your guesthouse. Accommodation in Doeboe village guesthouse 1400m.
Price per person
- 2 pax 420$ /per
- 3 pax 400$ /per
- 4 pax 380$ /per
- 5 pax 360$ /per
- 6-7 pax 350$ /per
Sometimes we have open groups for horse riding, you can join the tour with other people. Please request.
- – Organization and logistic of tour,
- – Local guide speaking basic english,
- – Horse guide,
- – Full board meals,
- – Accommodation (guesthouse, yurt and tents),
- – Rent of horses,
- – Rent of equipment
Price does not include:
- – Transfers,
- – Travel insurence,
- – Air tickets,
- – Cook,
- – Alcohol or sodas.
- – Chong Kemin national park entrance fee.
- – During the trip, the average altitude is 3200 m.
- – The weather can be harsh. We strongly recommend that you have adequate equipment to deal with storm, snow, rain and hail. Nights can be chilly.
- – Have repatriation insurance.
- – No visa is required for citizens of USA, EU, Japan and Canada citizenship. (total of 59 countries, up to 60 days, 6 month passport validity) www mfa kg
- – This program can be changed in cases of changes in schedule of flights, weather conditions and other unforeseen conditions
Preparations before tour:
Kyrgyzstan is a young developing country and Infrastructure of villages is not at a very high level. Refusing hospitality is often becomes annoying. In order to avoid misunderstandings, read some guidebooks and other books about Kyrgyzstan before you get prepared to your visit.
Hope to see you soon!