This three-day trek is great for any level of rider and is specially designed to see the highlights of the Karakol area on horseback. You will be able to have a panoramic view of Isskyk-Kul lake, which is the second largest alpine lake in the world after lake Titikiaka. This adventure will bring you to the edges of glaciers, alpine lakes, and mysterious red rock formations. This tour can be enjoyed by anyone looking to get close to local culture on horseback.
Day 1. Karakol – Irdik:
After breakfast, your horseman will guide you though the foothills of the Terskey Ala-Too mountain range. The highlights of this day will be seeing the Irdik lakes. In addition, you will be able to have a panoramic view of the Karakol town and the surrounding area. You will be accommodated in tents at 2200m. 5-6 hours of horseback riding 18 km.
Day 2. Irdik – Kyzyl-Jar:
After breakfast, you will be guided to the second Irdik lake and to the edge of the nearby glacier. Following the nearby pass then you will be able to ride down to the Kyzyl-Jar valley. It’s possible to see the red rock formations in the distance and venous different types of landscapes all on horseback. You will be accommodated in tents at 2300 m. 4-5 hours of horseback riding 7km.
Day 3. Irdik – Jeti-Oguz:
After an early breakfast, you will be able to jump on your horse and head though the forest which will bring you to the Jeti-Oguz valley. This valley is famous because of the many legends of the “Seven Bulls” and the “Broken Heart”. It’s also a great place to enjoy a bath in the local sanatorium which was made famous by Yuri Gagarin the Soviet astronaut. It will be possible to hire a taxi to bring you back to Karakol to any place nearby. 4 hours of horseback riding 9km.
Price per person
- 2 pax 420 $/pp
- 3 pax 350 $/pp
- 4 pax 340 $/pp
- 5 pax 300 $/pp
- 6+ pax 290 $/pp
Sometimes we have open groups for horse riding, you can join the tour with other people. Please request.
- – Guide-interpreter service and logistic
- – Horse man
- – Full board
- – Accommodation in tents
- – Rent of horses
- – Horse-saddles
Price does not include:
- – Travel insurance
- – Transfer to Karakol and from Jeti Oguz
- – Cook
- – Air tickets and taxes
- – Visa support
- – Alcohol and sodas
- – Services in Jeti Oguz sanatorium
- – This riding tour is made special for experienced riders. During this tour the average altitude will be 2400 meters above the sea level.
- – The weather conditions can be unstable. We recommend you to have special equipment to face storm, snow, rain and hail. Nights can be very cold.
- – No visa is required for citizens of USA, EU, Japan and Canada citizenship. (total of 59 countries, up to 60 days, 6 month passport validity) www mfa kg
- – This program can be changed in cases of changes in schedule of flights, weather conditions and other unforeseen conditions.
Preparations before tour:
Kyrgyzstan is a young developing country and Infrastructure of villages is not at a very high level. Refusing hospitality is often becomes annoying. In order to avoid misunderstandings, read some guidebooks and other books about Kyrgyzstan before you get prepared to your visit.
Hope to see you soon!