We would like to introduce you to a fascinating region perched in the middle of the Tien Shan. Kyrgyzstan, a country of nomads, in the heart of Central Asia, largely unexplored mountains offers a wonderful playground for all nature lovers and virgin lands. The Kyrgyz people which has preserved its tradition of hospitality lives peacefully in a surprising variety of landscapes and made this country the pearl of Central Asia steppes, prairies, deserts but also canyons, high alpine valleys, lakes with turquoise waters.
This discovery takes you to ski in the western part of the country, the Kyrgyz chain to Ferghana.
Day 1. Bishkek – Suusamyr: Reception at the airport by the local guide. Transfer to Valley Suusamyr, 3 hours drive. Mounted Canyon Kara Balta. Passage of the tunnel through the mountains of Kyrgyz Alatoo. Grand view of the valley Sussamyr. Day of rest and acclimatization. Night and dinner at the guest house / hut / yurt as climate circumstances. Alt. 2250 – 3120m. 200km – 270km. Transfer time: 3h.
Day 2. Suusamyr: Early morning radial output. Picnic. Descent to BC. Afternoon free time. Night and dinner at the same place as before.
Day 3. Suusamyr: Radial outlet. Picnic. Back to CB. Night and dinner at the same place as before.
Day 4. Suusamyr: Radial outlet. Picnic. Back to CB. Night and dinner at the same place as before.
Day 5. Transfer Suusamyr – Toktogul – village of Ozgorush: Short output until noon. Lunch with the team / host hosting, then transfer to the south. We climb to the Col Alabel, then the road descends through the canyon to the great Chichkhan Toktogul reservoir. Transfer to the village of Ozgorush. Arriving late in the day homestay accommodation. 300km. Transfer time: 3h
Day 6. Ozgorush: Early morning skiing radial outlet. Back to the village. Night in the same place as before.
Day 7. Ozgorush: Early morning skiing radial outlet. Back to the village. Night in the same place as before.
Day 8. Transfer Ozgorush – Arslanbob: Early morning transfer to Arslanbob. We drive around the lake to put us in the canyon of the great river Naryn, and then arrive in the Ferghana Valley, we go back a little valley in the middle of walnut forests. Arriving at the village around noon. Appointment with the team groom loading luggage on horses saddles. Following walking route to the Alpine Jaz-Jarim. Setting up camp. Night meal tent. 2200 M. d’alt. 330km. Transfer time: 3h 30
Day 9. Arslanbob: Radial outlet. Night and dinner at the same place as before.
Day 10. Arslanbob: Radial outlet. Night and dinner at the same place as before.
Day 11. Arslanbob – transfer to Osh: Descent to the village. Transfer to Osh, one of the oldest cities of Central Asia. En route visit minaret and mausoleum of the Middle Ages. Check TBD, homestay accommodation. Transfer time: 3h
Day 12. Visit of Osh: Tour of the city, the second largest city in Kyrgyzstan: Suleiman hill, instead of Kurmanjan Datka and yurt 3rd floor dedicated to Kurmanjan Datka and her husband, and the famous Osh market. Lunch downtown. Night in the same place as before.
Day 13. Transfer to airport: transfer to Osh airport, flight back home.
Price per person
- 2 – 3 pax 1930$ /per
- 4 – 5 pax 1290$ /per
- 6 – 7 pax 1080$ /per
- 8 – 9 pax 970$ /per
- 10 – 11 pax 910$ /per
- 12 – 13 pax 865$ /per
Supplement for local alpinist guide: 600 €.
Sometimes it is possible to join other people in the scheduled group. Please request!
- – All transfers by car
- – Supervision by a tour guide speaking French/ English
- – Full board, except last meal in Bishkek
- – Accommodation mentioned in the program (undergoes changes depending on the period chosen)
- – Permits and Taxes passage
- – Pharmacy group
Price does not include:
- – Travel insurance
- – Airfare and tax
- – Porting by horses or donkeys Arslanbob
- – Alcohol or mineral water,
- – Additional services
- – Any tips
This discovery is aimed at skiers mountain confirmed in good physical condition with no need for local mountaineer guide. The outputs can be adapted according to the level of the participants, but leaving a wide choice for more experienced skiers. Be aware of conditions of accommodation in which the stay is.
A local tour guide accompanies the group. Depending on availability, this guide will accompany you on ski and give you the necessary advice for planning trips. An local alpinist guide is optional.
Accommodation and food:
- At Suusamyr, depending on the season, a base camp is set up in a yurt or summary incl refuge. the kitchen.
- At Ozgorush, depending on the season, homestay village, tent or shelter summary incl. the kitchen.
- At Arslanbob, depending on the season, homestay village, tent or shelter summary incl. the kitchen.
- – Complete personal ski touring incl. crampon.
- – 1 bag to be autonomous in the day (30-40 lt).
- – 1 waterproof duffel bag style that will be delivered and remain at CB.
- – 1 duvet suitable for winter period.
- – 1 blanket.
- – 1 air mattress.
- – 1 hat.
- – 1 cup.
- – 2 pairs of sunglasses (cat 3 minimum).
- – 1 headlamp.
- – 1 bottle (capacity of one liter minimum).
- – Personal Pharmacy: intestinal regulation, protection bulbs, sunscreen, disinfectant, analgesic and personal medication.
- – Safety Equipment: shovel, probe, transceiver or Barivox is mandatory.
Since July 25, 2012, the visa is not required for Swiss citizens, EU, U.S., Canadian and Japanese (44 countries in all, see list on www mfa kg) You need a passport with minimum 6 months validity. Visa is issued for a period of 60 days. No mandatory vaccinations.
Other important notes:
- -The program is designed as a guide. It may undergo changes in function of flight schedules, weather and other unforeseen conditions and do not give rise to compensation.
- – At the finish of the group, the guide provides maps of ski areas, fully available to participants of the trip. Thus, participants may choose the output tomorrow.
- – Everyone is responsible to notify the coach of any personal medical condition (medical history, allergic reaction to medications, ligament problems, etc..) And make its own drugs. The coach has a collective pharmacy.
Preparation before the trip
Although Kyrgyzstan has seen over 3000 years caravans arriving from the four corners of Eurasia, it is rarely visited by tourists. Infrastructure outside the cities are practically nil. Nomadic locals are not so accustomed to hikers. Refusing hospitality is often annoying. Learn more about the country and traditions in advance, so that you can avoid mistakes of etiquette. Here are some interesting authors: Ella Maillart, René Cagnat, Chengiz Aitmatov (including “Jamilia” which was translated into French by Louis Aragon), David Gauzère.
Hope to meet you in the land of Celestial Mountains … soon!Hope to see you soon!