Customizing a Silk Road tour to your specific needs should not be more expensive than a pre-packaged tour. We work with local tour operators on the ground, who can work out a tour tailored to your needs at a sharp price.
Our focus is the 5 Stans of Central Asia: Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Uzbekistan, Tajikistan & Turkmenistan. It’s what we do best. We can also help you with complex overlanding trips that include surrounding countries, but we don’t organize custom tours in those countries at the moment.
- No middle man: deal directly with local tour operators
- Different operators compete to give you the best quality offer
- Our knowledge of the local market makes sure your request lands with the most suitable operators
- No amateurs. We only send your request to a select group of trusted companies who we know well
Why use Caravanistan?
We try to find the right match for everyone:
- Big and small groups, but also solo travelers and couples
- Any trip length or size: 1 day to 3 months, 1 city or 7 stans
- Niche interests are welcome too!
How it works
- You fill in the form below.
- We review it, and send it off to maximum 3 of our trusted local tour operators who could best fulfill your request.
- The local tour operators reply separately to you with their proposal.
- You can ask more questions and fine-tune the tour with your favorite(s).
- You decide, have a great time on your tour and pay the local tour operator.
- Caravanistan gets its commission straight from the tour operator, not from you. You pay the same as if you would have booked directly.
Booking lead time
Our guides and cars book out well in advance during the high season. Depending on the location, trains, planes and hotels need to be booked on time as well.
If you are planning to come in July or August, we recommend you book 3 months in advance.
Special notice re: Turkmenistan
Since Turkmenistan reopened its borders in 2023, it only allows package tourists. No more transit visas. This has led to a flood of requests from people who want to still cross Turkmenistan, but do it at a low price. However, our tours in Turkmenistan are expensive. Please do not ask us if we can get you a cheap deal. We cannot do it for less than 700$ per person.
There are tour operators who can do it cheaper – please ask them if you are on a budget.