Search found 3 matches
Search found 3 matches • Page 1 of 1
- Mon Sep 23, 2019 12:05 pm
- Forum: Uzbekistan
- Topic: ATM situation in Uzbekistan
- Replies: 52
- Views: 15461
I was in Uzbekistan in august and visited Tashkent, Bukhara and Samarkand. I think the ATM situation is very mixed depending on which cards you carry. Visa ATM are absolutely everywhere (mind you, I don't carry Visa so I didn't try them). I only carried Maestro and Mastercard, and I was at some poin...
- Mon Sep 23, 2019 11:55 am
- Forum: Roads, borders and security updates
- Topic: Border crossings reports: Dostyk/Dustlyk (Uzbekistan/Kyrgyzstan)
- Replies: 42
- Views: 19586
I crossed from Kg into Uzbek in August, it went incredibly smooth. I took a marshrutka (I believe #380?) from Osh centre to the border, I arrived there around 0810 orso, the queu was just filling up. I just joined the crowd initially but was very quickly spotted as a tourist and ushered to the front...
- Sun Sep 01, 2019 6:31 pm
- Forum: Itineraries & trip reports
- Topic: Silk Road travel budget Q&A
- Replies: 2
- Views: 941
I have only been to Uzbekistan and Kyrgyzstan (though from what I've understood, Kazak would be the most expensive and Tajikistan the least, so these two probably present a happy medium). I spent roundabout 350-450 euro in a two-week period, backpacking on a budget. With regards to money: bringing h...