Does anybody know the cheapest and easiest way to get from Mashad to the border crossing at Loftabad? Is it possible to get public transport at least part of the way?
Search found 18 matches
- Tue Sep 13, 2016 2:19 pm
- Forum: Roads, borders and security updates
- Topic: Crossing report: Loftabad-Artyk border (Iran-Turkmenistan)
- Replies: 10
- Views: 7167
- Wed Aug 24, 2016 7:46 am
- Forum: Itineraries & trip reports
- Topic: Iran - Turkmenistan - kazakhstan report
- Replies: 5
- Views: 2475
Do you think the border was closed just for transit visas or even locals couldn't cross? We have a tour package starting from there with a reputable company in a few weeks and they haven't mentioned anything about this border...
My friends don't have a tour or guide and will be trying to travel independently. I was just curious what happens at the airport, do the border guards follow you and make sure they meet with their guide after passport control? I doubt they do
- Fri Aug 05, 2016 10:44 am
- Forum: Visas & embassy reports
- Topic: Turkmenistan Transit Visa in Tehran
- Replies: 123
- Views: 59513
I was told something similar at the embassy in London. A transit visa would only be issued if I was going to Uzbekistan or Iran for business and not tourism. After remonstrating with her for a while she said I could apply if I wanted but probably won't be successful. We decided to go for a tourist v...