Possible to buy tickets on Uzbek Railways Website?

The Silk Road by train. Experts: Milad, Provodnik
arr

Re: Possible to buy tickets on Uzbek Railways Website?

Postby arr » Thu Sep 13, 2018 4:38 pm

I finally managed to register. Tried 6 mailboxes. The only one that received the activation email was a gmail account with a facade domain (it went into junk but at least got there). I also tried with a regular @gmail.com account and that didn't work.
1 x

Adrian

Postby Adrian » Fri Sep 14, 2018 11:41 pm

I tried several email addresses and a gmail account finally worked (received the email via spam). However, the online ticket system doesn’t work for me with an Australian passport. This is as previously reported by someone else in this forum (if choosing Australia as the issuing country for the document, you always receivable a message saying no ticket availability). Have any Australians managed to make a booking successfully? Incidentally I hold two passports and can book with my other passport, but won’t as my Uzbek Visa is in my AU passport
0 x

davidalanlittle

Problems booking rail tickets

Postby davidalanlittle » Mon Sep 17, 2018 11:04 am

Hi,

I'm having trouble booking train tickets through the website http://railway.uz/en/. I've tried setting up an account with them, and they have said they've sent an activation email to me. I've not received this and i've tried a few times with other email addresses, but still not received (i've checked junkmail etc).

Just wondered if anyone else has had the same problem, and if/when you received your activation email? There doesn't seem to be the option to resend it.

Thanks.
0 x

laghubhara

Re: Problems booking rail tickets

Postby laghubhara » Mon Sep 17, 2018 2:38 pm

Same problem since I first tried two weeks ago. We gave up and bought tickets in person...
0 x

davidalanlittle

Postby davidalanlittle » Tue Sep 18, 2018 12:05 pm

I've now managed to find the activation email using a googlemail account and buy an eticket :-)
1 x

VivekanandS

Postby VivekanandS » Wed Oct 03, 2018 5:38 pm

Hi. I am trying to book rail tickets online (on the Afrosiyob) from Tashkent to Samarkand, for the 8th of November, 2018. However, the site does not show any Afrosiyob trains at all. It shows only the slower Sharq trains. Is it because unregistered users, can only book these slow train tickets, and not the faster ones?
Also, I have been trying to register with multiple email IDs, though my efforts seem to be in vain.
0 x

Milad
Trains expert
Trains expert

Postby Milad » Wed Oct 03, 2018 8:09 pm

. Is it because unregistered users, can only book these slow train tickets, and not the faster ones?

No.

I checked with Express-3 (international booking system of CIS countries) and it appears that all Afrosiyob trains are already fully booked for this day, which is actually quite normal at least in Summer in Uzbekistan, demand is much higher than availability for these trains, so they sell out really quick, while you can usually get tickets for normal trains at least until the day before. I'm not sure if this is normal in November - is there some event in Samarkand at that time?

It's also possible that the schedule is not confirmed yet and the train is not open for booking (which would make Express-3 say "sold out" as well), but as Afrosiyobs sell out all the time I'd just assume that it did sell out. The Sharq trains do take only 1 hour longer, so I'd just go for one of these, still better than any other mode of transport on that route.

Oh, please note that most non-Afrosiyob trains to Samarkand do currently leave from Tashkent South Station (Tashkent Ijujny vokzal) so you don't end up at the wrong station :)
3 x

VivekanandS

Postby VivekanandS » Fri Oct 05, 2018 12:06 pm

Thank you Milad, for the clarification. Really appreciate your help.

Also, can you / someone else guide me, as to how registration can be completed in the Uzbekistan Railways site? I have been trying for at least 3 days now, using multiple email IDs, but I haven't received the activation mail.

If registration cannot be completed, can someone who already has a registered account, share their details, so that I can use it, just for the booking? Does this pose any problems?
0 x

Milad
Trains expert
Trains expert

Postby Milad » Fri Oct 05, 2018 2:16 pm

It's a huge issue, many people report problems, don't know how to solve it. If you're in Uzbekistan 2-3 days before you want to take the train, you'll most probably get tickets at the counter.
2 x

piszteuo

Postby piszteuo » Sat Oct 13, 2018 5:51 pm

Does anybody know how can I cancel tickets I bought online on the Uzbek train company website?
0 x