Kazakhstan: info on buying train tickets online

Buses, trains, bicycles, thumbs, airplanes and that bloody ferry. Expert: Provodnik
abombardier

Kazakhstan: info on buying train tickets online

Postby abombardier » Sun Jun 18, 2017 12:57 pm

Hi everyone,

Just a quick information that could be useful:

As Canadians, we were not able to buy tickets online with Tickets.kz because they accept only payments or credit cards from european banks. This said, this was not a problem with the Kazakh railway booking site. We were able to buy our tickets with our credit card and got the e-ticket very quickly by email.

Hope this helps!

Amélie
1 x

steven
Admin
Admin

Re: Kazakhstan: info on buying train tickets online

Postby steven » Mon Jun 19, 2017 12:22 pm

Thanks, it seems in that case the situation has reversed from a few months ago, when you could not buy tickets from the Kazakh railway site with a foreign bank card, but you could at tickets. kz
0 x
If you like Caravanistan: we have opened a tip jar! We love you back! :D

Traveller11

Re: Kazakhstan: info on buying train tickets online

Postby Traveller11 » Thu Aug 03, 2017 7:23 pm

Hi Folks

Having just purchased some Kazakhstan Rail Tickets online from www.tickets.kz

For anyone wishing to buy 2 tickets at the same time as a joint purchase, while you can 'select the seats' after choosing the train you wish to travel on, then enter all the details of Name, ID document, Contact Details and tick the appropriate little boxes!

When you then try to 'Proceed' to the next page on the website to pay, you get an error message advising you that those tickets have been sold and you need to choose something else!

Although I wanted 2 tickets as a result I could only get them by making 2 separate purchases, after numerous emails to tickets.kz and 2 telephone calls advised me to try buying the tickets individually.

However another 'Word of Warning'!
When you go to make your purchase for the second ticket then MAKE SURE the webpage gives you the same COACH.

There were 2 Coaches for the class of tickets I wanted and while my first was in Coach 12 the system when I went to buy the second 'defaulted' to Coach 13, which I did not pick up until I checked the details before hitting the Confirm and Pay Icon.

The 'problem' of buying more than 1 ticket in a single transaction has been raised with www.tickets.kz who are investigating but it might take some time for a solution to be implemented.

Have fun and Good Luck!
2 x