Question about train Dushanbe-Moscow and Moscow-Khodjent

The Silk Road by train. Experts: Milad, Provodnik
Bonifác

Re: Question about train Dushanbe-Moscow and Moscow-Khodjent

Post by Bonifác »

Hi! We've just bought our tickets from Quarshi to Russia without any problem (Samarqand, 1 hour ago - we depart on the 5th night). So from there the train is 100% not going through Turkmenistan, right? :) the route path is unknown even at the kassa they couln't tell us anything
0 x

Milad
Trains expert
Trains expert

Post by Milad »

No. If it still does so (I'm unsure), the train transits Turkmenistan between Termez and Qarshi. Good Journey!
2 x

Uzh

Post by Uzh »

As i mentioned in the uzbekistan part of forum, it was not possible to buy one these train tickets at stations in uzbekistan. The only way for me was to buy it online. It seems that the booking systems at the stations is not ready for it. I bought it online and changed the online ticket at the station without problem.

Tajik border guards check your passport on the way to dushanbe (you need a e-visa print), while the uzbekistan guards use the 2 hour stop to check it.
3 x

Milad
Trains expert
Trains expert

Post by Milad »

Uzh wrote: It seems that the booking systems at the stations is not ready for it.
The booking system isn't the problem - the staff either don't know that the train exists or have been advised not to sell it.
2 x

togreiser

Post by togreiser »

I did Termez - Dushanbe on the train September 2019.

The train was a bit smelly

Border crossing was fine. Uzbek side was done on the train at a stop. Tajik side was done on the move.
4 x

kostenetz

Post by kostenetz »

I took the train Termez-Dushanbe last week. I had tried in various Uzbek stations to buy the ticket without success, but then tried the Samarkand booking office (the one downtown, not the station) and they sold me the ticket without any problem. Ride was fine, and smooth (though long) border procedures.
2 x