Kulyob-Moscow route schedule question

The Silk Road by train. Experts: Milad, Provodnik
FerroWorldII

Kulyob-Moscow route schedule question

Postby FerroWorldII » Sun Mar 04, 2018 3:36 pm

Hi, everyone! I have a question about the route of the Kulyob-Moscow train here:

https://pass.rzd.ru/tickets/public/en?l ... e1=2000000

Here we can see two stations: Talim and Oazis, can someone explain me where are they? This

will be very helpful to me, because I want to get from Dushanbe to Türkmenistan travelling by train, and if the stations that I mention above are not in Turkmenistan, and they are for example in Uzbekistan, can someone explain me how to get from there to Türkmenistan? (Mary or Türkmenabat)

Thanks for reading. Sorry for my bad english, Im from Spain :?
0 x

sebhoff

Re: Kulyob-Moscow route schedule question

Postby sebhoff » Sun Mar 04, 2018 5:41 pm

I guess this is one of these trains that don't officially stop anywhere in Uzbekistan. And not in Turkmenistan, either...

See the map here: https://www.tutu.travel/poezda/view_d.php?np=1ce73d

As far as I know, there are no international train connections with Turkmenistan (although some trains pass through Turkmen areas). But I'm sure more experienced caravanistas can fill in the missing information...

Sebastian
0 x

FerroWorldII

Postby FerroWorldII » Sun Mar 04, 2018 5:46 pm

It doesnt "OFICIALLY" stops, but it stops and thats the point. Just want to know where are that stations, tutu.ru is not always true beacuse it only shows the oficiall stops not as RZhD. Someone who travelled in that route recently please appear...:/
0 x

steven
Admin
Admin

Postby steven » Mon Mar 05, 2018 7:12 am

As I understand, the Dushanbe-Moscow train does not stop in Turkmenistan and Uzbekistan. The first stop after Tajikistan is Beyneu, Kazakhstan. That is why Tajiks do not need a visa for Turkmenistan and Uzbekistan when they take this train, because they are not allowed of the train.

I might be wrong, but that is how I have pieced it together.
0 x
If you like Caravanistan: we have opened a tip jar! We love you back! :D

Milad
Trains expert
Trains expert

Postby Milad » Tue Mar 06, 2018 4:06 pm

The Dushanbe-Moscow train does actually stop in Turkmenistan and Uzbekistan, but passengers aren't allowed on or off at those stops. RŽD does weirdly list them in their online schedule planner, these stops are only technical stops, you can't buy a ticket from or to these stops. Also, there is no international train traffic from or to Turkmenistan anymore (except for the Dushanbe-Moscow train, which is of zero use if you want to get to TM, as, again, you can't get off. As mentioned in other posts before, there are currently indications that these weird restrictions may end in some time.
0 x