Uzbek Railways Website Q&A

The Silk Road by train. Experts: Milad, Provodnik
henrytn

Re: Uzbek Railways Website Q&A

Postby henrytn » Thu Mar 21, 2019 5:55 am

steven wrote:Yea, it's definitely worth a shot. I wouldn't be able to say either way. Worst case scenario you have to take a slower train or a shared taxi. Not the end of the world either.

Thanks a lot Steven. You reckon it's not worth it to go through the agency or hostel? I assume they usually levy a fairly hefty service charge if we were to ask for their help purchasing the tickets?

I'll try to book the tickets online in June; but just in case it doesn't work out. Wouldn't wanna miss the fast trains because we don't have much time in the country!
0 x

steven
Admin
Admin

Postby steven » Thu Mar 21, 2019 5:58 am

I don't know what different companies charge to buy it for you. I know we are quite expensive, but hostels could be a good deal cheaper. Not sure.
0 x
If you like Caravanistan: we have opened a tip jar! We love you back! :D

mmelleme

Postby mmelleme » Sun Mar 31, 2019 9:40 pm

Is it possible the dates for buying Afrosiyob-tickets is cut even further from the 14 days I have read about before?

Right now I find a lot of tickets from Tashkent to Samarkand up to 6th April on the Uzbek Rail website, but none after that date. It doesn't make sense for all the first trains to be available, while all later trains are full, does it? Or do they tend to release more tickets as the day of travel approaches?
0 x

steven
Admin
Admin

Postby steven » Mon Apr 01, 2019 9:59 am

I am personally just as confused as everyone else.
0 x
If you like Caravanistan: we have opened a tip jar! We love you back! :D

mmelleme

Postby mmelleme » Mon Apr 01, 2019 7:32 pm

I guess I'll just check again in a couple of days and see if the same amount of available days has been added. Will keep you posted.
0 x

celizst

Postby celizst » Sat Apr 06, 2019 3:47 pm

I managed to do all the steps for booking a ticket on a Bukhara-Samarkand train through the website, but there is no sign of my ticket. It isn't visible on the website and definitely hasn't been e-mailed to me. However, I had a look at the ticket booking section again and the seat I booked is marked as taken now, so it does look like something went through. For anyone who has used the site before how long does it normally ticket for a ticket to be issued? Is it possibly just a delay?

Thanks!
0 x

Milad
Trains expert
Trains expert

Postby Milad » Sat Apr 06, 2019 4:26 pm

You should have gotten some kind of a booking confirmation with which you can pick up a paper ticket at the station.
1 x

Lisa Lai

Postby Lisa Lai » Sun Apr 07, 2019 7:00 pm

I have booked my train tickets for next week (Tashkent/Bukhara/Samarkand) and have received a document with our names, train time, date. As it is not in English, I am unsure if this is the e-ticket or if I need to go to the train station to exchange this for a proper ticket?
0 x

Breakallthewaydown

Postby Breakallthewaydown » Tue Apr 09, 2019 2:02 am

Lisa Lai wrote:I have booked my train tickets for next week (Tashkent/Bukhara/Samarkand) and have received a document with our names, train time, date. As it is not in English, I am unsure if this is the e-ticket or if I need to go to the train station to exchange this for a proper ticket?

It should have a long number on top, your passport/document number on the far right & a barcode on the bottom left. Just some indicators if it's a e-ticket.

Print it out. Show this paper to the guards at the Tashkent, Bukhara & Samarkand train station. If they want you to change it into an actual ticket - very likely - they'll direct you to the ticket office.
0 x

swingaling

Postby swingaling » Thu Apr 11, 2019 2:44 pm

For the past few weeks, I've been trying to buy Afrosiyob tickets (Tashkent to Samarkand return) for 25-April. Checking daily since ticketing opened (T-45 days), there's been zero availability. From what I can tell, UZ Rail is only publishing that route (and releasing tickets) three days out. Awesome.

Examples (from today):
762Ф ТАШКЕНТ Ц- БУХАРА 1
Train, УЗБЕКСКИЕ 07:28 11.04, 12.04, 13.04
764Ф ТАШКЕНТ Ц- САМАРКАНД
Train, УЗБЕКСКИЕ 08:30 11.04, 12.04, 13.04

The above trains are daily, but the schedule doesn't indicate that. It's a bit annoying, obviously, and looks like I'll have to buy tickets on the 22nd.

That said, some days ago I was able to buy a one way e-ticket for Tashkent to Navoi on train 762Ф. Getting the return Samarkand to Tashkent is proving difficult currently. A few questions:

1. Can I disembark at Samarkand instead of continuing on to Navoi? Any issue doing that?

2. Since I have an e-ticket, do I proceed directly to security check and then the platform? Or do I still need to go to the ticket counter?

3. If I subsequently buy an e-ticket for my return, Samarkand to Tashkent, I likely won't be able to print it. How does one handle this situation? Show the e-ticket on my phone to someone at the ticket office at the station so they can print a ticket for me? Presumably I should also ensure I don't press "electronic registration" on the UZ Rail site, right?

Sorry for the fairly basic questions, but the process is not explained well on the UZ Rail site.
1 x