ET_

Re: Uzbek Railways Website Q&A

Postby ET_ » Thu Sep 12, 2019 1:20 pm

Yeah that was my logic as well. AUT looks enough like AUS :D
0 x

shahp366

Postby shahp366 » Thu Sep 26, 2019 2:19 pm

I had the same issue today. Tried with 2 Visa cards, none of which has been charged... yet. I keep coming up against the message (after a very long wait on the payment landing page):

""By pressing the "Electronic registration" or "Cancel electronic registration" I confirm that I familiar with the rules of making or cancelling the electronic registration.""

But there is nothing to "press", so to speak. The screenshot posted by ana.pina above is exactly what I see as well. Has anyone else had and subsequently resolved this problem?
0 x

Sapar

Postby Sapar » Sun Sep 29, 2019 4:49 pm

Hello,

When I try to do the payment, I get the message 'card not found! (-200)'. Does anyone can help? I'm using MasterCard.

0 x

ET_

Postby ET_ » Wed Oct 02, 2019 12:03 pm

New booking system live as of 1 October - https://e-ticket.railway.uz

Slight improvement however from what I can see
- Country of passport issuance only in Russian, and in no real form of alphabetical order
- Still doesn’t like Australians, does however allow Austrians
- Payment only possible with ‘Click’, no longer a Visa payment option as far as I can tell which makes the site kinda useless
Last edited by ET_ on Tue Oct 08, 2019 2:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
1 x

thewanderingv

Postby thewanderingv » Mon Oct 07, 2019 5:38 am

A public service announcement - from October 1st, it appears the old ticketing system for Uzbekistan Railways (eticket.uzrailway.uz) has been shut down, and the new system (e-ticket.railway.uz) that was in trials has been made the only system where you can buy tickets online.

The big catch with the new system is that it only lets you buy tickets from Uzbekistan Temir Yollari (UTY) - Uzbekistan's railway operator. For now, it doesn't seem to let you book trains run by other rail companies - e.g. Kazakh, Tajik, Russian etc.

So whereas the old system lets you book tickets from say Samarkand to Khudjand or Termez to Dushanbe via the Tajik rail company's services, the new system doesn't allow it. What's annoying is that it used to be the only way to book these tickets within Uzbekistan as physical UTY service centers were unable to book them.

Hopefully this is a glitch that will be ironed out, but in the meanwhile, don't count on buying these types of tickets easily within Uzbekistan in the short run.
2 x

Milad
Trains expert
Trains expert

Postby Milad » Mon Oct 07, 2019 1:44 pm

Thank you for the information! Please note though, that
What's annoying is that it used to be the only way to book these tickets within Uzbekistan as physical UTY service centers were unable to book them.

Is not entirely correct. The UTY counters are technically able to book all CIS trains and will happily do so, with the exception of trains run by TŽD (Tajik Railways). Technically, they can book those as well since they all use the same computer system, it seems that UTY have advised their staff to refuse selling them.
The obvious workaround for Tajik trains is buying with Russian Railways at pass.rzd.ru, electronic registration is now available for them so you do not need to pick up paper tickets in Russia (but please check again before booking). All other international train journeys should be available at any staffed UTY ticket counter.
1 x

smale

Postby smale » Wed Oct 09, 2019 8:19 am

Hi all,

Has anybody had any luck using the “new” Uzbek railways ticket booking site?

I’m trying to get tickets booked and all is fine up until the method of payment where the only option available is “Click”. I’ve looked through their T&Cs and they state payment by “Visa” and “Mastercard” is available.

Thanks for any insights.
0 x

Cyclochard

Postby Cyclochard » Wed Oct 09, 2019 8:41 am

Another question regarding the new website... I can't seem to go further than the page where you enter your passport information and select seats. Nothing happens when I click on the next step icon...

I live in Bishkek and hoped that I could book Uzbek train tickets from here. However, Kyrgyz Concept are apparently unable to do so (the lady could find the available space, but not book it). Does anyone know where I could make these bookings? We plan to travel early November and I can see that already some trains are selling out... Thanks!
0 x

SloTravel

Postby SloTravel » Wed Oct 09, 2019 3:44 pm

Hi, I can confirm that Click is the only option and it doesn't work for my foreign Visa.
I used Tutu and I hope it will work.

Caravanistan should change the link to the correct website and warn that it doesn't support non-uzbek cards.
0 x

Przemek

Postby Przemek » Mon Nov 04, 2019 11:59 pm

Hi, I could not pay for tickets with a foreign Visa either. In the „conditions” on the new site it says that Visa cards will be accepted „in the near future”, whatever it means.
It is possible to buy Uzbek domestic train tickets through the Russian Railways website pass.rzd.ru. Having read about problems with tickets issued in Kazakhstan I am not sure if Russian electronic tickets will be accepted in Uzbekistan. Any comments or advice?
0 x