Uzbek Railways Website Q&A

The Silk Road by train. Experts: Milad, Provodnik
Milad
Trains expert
Trains expert

Re: Uzbek Railways Website Q&A

Post by Milad »

Generally the website most probably has the script which checks if the ID number is valid (most probably against the UZ format).
Yes, but this script will not check anything if the traveler selects "international passport" as their ID document.
0 x

Leona

Post by Leona »

Milad wrote:I understand the error message as "Error! In one ticket, there is an incorrect selection of document (type?) not matching the personal details".
Is it possible that you selected your document type as anything but "International passport"? Probably, all other types of documents are supposed for Uzbek (or CIS/FSU) citizens only.
Thank you! I did have a foreign passport selected, but there was definitely a problem there - the system wouldn't allow me to type in any letters, only numbers, so of course it wasn't a correct ID number without the two letters. But this morning I noticed that there are actually two foreign passport options on the list, first one with (RF) which is probably what I clicked yesterday, because I chose the other one today and it worked.
However, the payment issue was still there so didn't get anything booked.
0 x

Milad
Trains expert
Trains expert

Post by Milad »

RF means Russian Federation, so I'm quite certain that that was the issue. Annoying that they still didn't fix the payment issue though.
1 x

sofizmat

Post by sofizmat »

Milad wrote:

Yes, but this script will not check anything if the traveler selects "international passport" as their ID document.
Apparently it will - for me for instance it was not accepting letters in the number of the document. PL pass does have them.
0 x

Leona

Post by Leona »

Milad wrote:RF means Russian Federation, so I'm quite certain that that was the issue. Annoying that they still didn't fix the payment issue though.
Ah, of course! I didn't even think of that yesterday, just noticed the words 'foreign passport' and thought that it must be for me. Clearly not a good idea to try and book anything at night just before going to bed :D
0 x