Uzbek Railways Website Q&A

The Silk Road by train. Experts: Milad, Provodnik
Milad
Trains expert
Trains expert

Re: Uzbek Railways Website Q&A

Postby Milad » Fri Jul 19, 2019 4:58 pm

You should be able to pick it up at any larger Uzbek train station.
3 x

shvedsky

Postby shvedsky » Sun Jul 21, 2019 9:09 am

I'm confused, I'm looking for the 2 hour express train from Tashkent - Samarkand on sunday the 4th of august, but there's non to be found. Will they add them later or are there no express trains that day?
More urgent we're planning to travel by train from Samarkand to Andijan on tuesday the 6th of august but on the website there's only trains Samarkand - Tashkent leaving at night and in the morning right now, are they going to add more trains there as well? Since our son gets so car sick we are trying to avoid shared taxis and stick to trains ;)
0 x

netllama

Postby netllama » Sun Jul 21, 2019 1:04 pm

They don't add trains. Whatever exists is for sale. If you don't see what you need, you are either not searching correctly, or its already sold out.
0 x

Milad
Trains expert
Trains expert

Postby Milad » Sun Jul 21, 2019 7:05 pm

They don't add trains. Whatever exists is for sale. If you don't see what you need, you are either not searching correctly, or its already sold out.

This is false. The official rule is that tickets can be bought starting 45 days before departure, however in practice sometimes the Afrosiyob trains are put online only 14 days before. No idea what they're playing.
Please note that some trains to Samarkand and most trains to Andijan leave from Tashkent South Station (Toshkent Janubiy vokzal/Ташкент Южный вокзал), so be sure to search from there as well.

There will be 3 high-speed trains Tashkent - Samarkand on August 4th, although it's currently impossible to get tickets for them. However, as there is still plenty of space on the 3-hour "normal" trains, I'd suggest waiting a few days and checking if the fast trains are put up online for sale, if not, the standard trains (train no. 010 and 004) take only one hour longer, are even more comfortable IMO and even cheaper than the fast train.

From Samarkand to Andijan, note that there is a through night train, although the leaving time at 01:21 may be uncomfortable, you can avoid this by going via Bukhara (maybe go there in the morning and spend the day there) and joining the night train there at a nicer time. All options involving changing trains in Tashkent will probably take a full day and involve a few hours waiting, which is why going via Bukhara and sleeping on the night train is my recommendation.
2 x

henrytn

Postby henrytn » Sun Jul 21, 2019 8:29 pm

Milad wrote:

This is false. The official rule is that tickets can be bought starting 45 days before departure, however in practice sometimes the Afrosiyob trains are put online only 14 days before. No idea what they're playing.
Please note that some trains to Samarkand and most trains to Andijan leave from Tashkent South Station (Toshkent Janubiy vokzal/Ташкент Южный вокзал), so be sure to search from there as well.

There will be 3 high-speed trains Tashkent - Samarkand on August 4th, although it's currently impossible to get tickets for them. However, as there is still plenty of space on the 3-hour "normal" trains, I'd suggest waiting a few days and checking if the fast trains are put up online for sale, if not, the standard trains (train no. 010 and 004) take only one hour longer, are even more comfortable IMO and even cheaper than the fast train.

From Samarkand to Andijan, note that there is a through night train, although the leaving time at 01:21 may be uncomfortable, you can avoid this by going via Bukhara (maybe go there in the morning and spend the day there) and joining the night train there at a nicer time. All options involving changing trains in Tashkent will probably take a full day and involve a few hours waiting, which is why going via Bukhara and sleeping on the night train is my recommendation.

It seems like the tickets for the Afrosiyob trains are put up for sale 45 days before departure, and they stay available online for 2-3 days before being taken offline. I've noticed this after 2 weeks of daily monitoring to snap up tickets for my travel dates. I managed to buy fast train tickets for August 22-29 last week and now they are no longer available on the Uzbek Railways website.
2 x

Uzbekistand

Postby Uzbekistand » Sun Jul 21, 2019 11:21 pm

shvedsky wrote:I'm confused, I'm looking for the 2 hour express train from Tashkent - Samarkand on sunday the 4th of august, but there's non to be found. Will they add them later or are there no express trains that day?
More urgent we're planning to travel by train from Samarkand to Andijan on tuesday the 6th of august but on the website there's only trains Samarkand - Tashkent leaving at night and in the morning right now, are they going to add more trains there as well? Since our son gets so car sick we are trying to avoid shared taxis and stick to trains ;)

See if the Afrosiyob you want out from Tashkent is available if you stick in Karshi as the destination. I bet you an 8AM train will show up in your available options.

We have successfully relied on Dramamine for Kids for a child who got car sick.
1 x

shvedsky

Postby shvedsky » Fri Jul 26, 2019 4:03 pm

Thank you guys! I’m in Bishkek now and will be traveling to Almaty tomorrow and then we have four days in Tashkent before hitting Samarkand. Hopefully we can resolve it at the train station in Tashkent when we arrive there. I realized we can cancel the hotel we booked in Andijan if needed so we are pretty flexible.
0 x

Cassarian

Problems with Uzbek Railways Website

Postby Cassarian » Sun Jul 28, 2019 8:12 am

Hello,

I've just bought two tickets for a trip between Tashkent and Samarkand scheduled for august, but I still haven't received any email confirmation or ticket number. And the section "my orders" on the website of Uzbek Railways is empty. I paid with my Visa credit card.

Is that normal? The tickets could be bought even at Tashkent station, without reserve them in advance?

Many thanks for your help
0 x

tom12345

Postby tom12345 » Sun Jul 28, 2019 1:08 pm

Hello all,

I would be very grateful if anybody can give any advice on the below:

I have booked a ticket to travel from Tashkent to Khiva on 8th September, overnight.

The payment was successful and it seems to have gone through OK on the "my orders" page - it has my name, passport number and order confirmation number under My Orders. But I cannot find the link to confirm the electronic registration that others have mentioned and so download any PDF. Will it come up nearer the time or is this something unusual?

I can click "order form" and download a payment information pdf, but i dont think that is the e-ticket.

The status is оплата подтверждена без электронной регистрации

Thank you very much for any advice!

Very best,

Tom
0 x

henrytn

Postby henrytn » Sun Jul 28, 2019 4:55 pm

tom12345 wrote:Hello all,

I would be very grateful if anybody can give any advice on the below:

I have booked a ticket to travel from Tashkent to Khiva on 8th September, overnight.

The payment was successful and it seems to have gone through OK on the "my orders" page - it has my name, passport number and order confirmation number under My Orders. But I cannot find the link to confirm the electronic registration that others have mentioned and so download any PDF. Will it come up nearer the time or is this something unusual?

I can click "order form" and download a payment information pdf, but i dont think that is the e-ticket.

The status is оплата подтверждена без электронной регистрации

Thank you very much for any advice!

Very best,

Tom

The night train does not have e-tickets at the moment so you need to print out the order form PDF and bring that to any cashier at any large train stations to exchange the order form for actual tickets.
0 x