Uzbek Railways Website Q&A

The Silk Road by train. Experts: Milad, Provodnik
Yekaterinburg

Re: Uzbek Railways Website Q&A

Postby Yekaterinburg » Sun Sep 01, 2019 12:40 pm

Hey, I have been trying to buy a few tickets on the website over the past few days, I bought one set of tickets without any issues but then kept hitting the error messages listed above! When I went on today to give it another go I noticed that the website has been completely redone, much more modern and seemingly with the ability to remember passenger details (hooray!). However....when you get to the payment section the only option now available is....."Click" whatever that is :P! I've entered about 5 credit and debit card details using this service, both mastercard and visa, and none of them seem to be accepted. With all of them I get the same message "Неверный номер карты или смс услуга не подключена" (-400) - basically saying that the card is either invalid or my SMS service is disconnected.

Is anyone else having these issues / is there a work around?

Thanks

Joe
0 x

Lubylu

Postby Lubylu » Fri Sep 06, 2019 5:44 am

Hi all

Uzbek railways now seems to accept at least Afrosiyob e-tickets on phones, not printed out.

Today I travelled from Samarkand to Tashkent on the Afrosiyob, hadn't been able to print my ticket beforehand so went to the kasse in Samarkand on arrival from Tashkent to ask for printing of the return - told not needed, new policy, fine just to present your phone. Highly dubious but ok. On arrival at the station to take the train, the only person who wasn't aware of this was the guard checking tickets into the station - he sent us to the kasse, they told us no need, on mobile is fine. Back at the security stop it took a bit of insisting but he let us into the station and thereafter no one else behaved as if we were doing anything unusual - ticket check after x ray, ticket check onto the train, all absolutely fine.
Was expecting a lot more inconsistency in the policy and bureaucracy but pleasantly surprised!
1 x

lywwill

Postby lywwill » Fri Sep 06, 2019 10:34 am

Hi all, I have just tried to purchase train tickets on the official website but failed due to system error of some maintenance work on the payment system. Has anyone encountered the same or it is a temporary issue on specific dates? Thanks a lot for your reply.
0 x

Yekaterinburg

Postby Yekaterinburg » Sat Sep 07, 2019 7:06 am

lywwill wrote:Hi all, I have just tried to purchase train tickets on the official website but failed due to system error of some maintenance work on the payment system. Has anyone encountered the same or it is a temporary issue on specific dates? Thanks a lot for your reply.

I've just tried to buy some tickets and had the same issue. They updated their website last weekend so I suspect they are still dealing with some teething issues
0 x

lywwill

Postby lywwill » Sun Sep 08, 2019 8:53 am

Yekaterinburg wrote:
lywwill wrote:Hi all, I have just tried to purchase train tickets on the official website but failed due to system error of some maintenance work on the payment system. Has anyone encountered the same or it is a temporary issue on specific dates? Thanks a lot for your reply.

I've just tried to buy some tickets and had the same issue. They updated their website last weekend so I suspect they are still dealing with some teething issues

Thanks Yekaterinburg. Does anyone know other methods to buy tickets besides the official website as we are heading to the country soon... Thanks.
0 x

Milad
Trains expert
Trains expert

Postby Milad » Sun Sep 08, 2019 12:08 pm

The obvious way to book a ticket is the ticket counter. If you are passing through any other CIS country except Turkmenistan, you can buy tickets for Uzbekistan there as well at the counter, this might be a bit more expensive though. You can also book some Uzbek trains online with Russian Railways pass.rzd.ru.
0 x

lywwill

Postby lywwill » Tue Sep 10, 2019 4:24 pm

Milad wrote:The obvious way to book a ticket is the ticket counter. If you are passing through any other CIS country except Turkmenistan, you can buy tickets for Uzbekistan there as well at the counter, this might be a bit more expensive though. You can also book some Uzbek trains online with Russian Railways pass.rzd.ru.

Hi Milad, could we use the e-ticket issued by Russian Railways to board Uzbek trains? Thanks.
0 x

Milad
Trains expert
Trains expert

Postby Milad » Tue Sep 10, 2019 4:37 pm

Yes, as long as it's an "real" e-Ticket and not a coupon to pick up a paper ticket at a Russian train station. When booking online with RZD, just check if it indicates that you have to pick it up in Russia. Sometimes, rzd.ru is half Russian even if turned to English. In this picture, tickets for the train with the red trext have to be picked up in Russia while all others are e-ticketable.
https://img.anews.com/media/gallery/100 ... 264180.jpg
1 x

ET_

Postby ET_ » Wed Sep 11, 2019 6:11 pm

This sounds really weird but the website seemingly doesn’t like Australians.
I booked a ticket for my girlfriend with New Zealand as the country of issue, worked fine. Couldn’t book any of the tickets I needed with my details, tried changing everything, finally worked when I changed my country of issue. Fingers crossed there’ll be no issues.
0 x

Milad
Trains expert
Trains expert

Postby Milad » Wed Sep 11, 2019 6:18 pm

ET_ wrote:This sounds really weird but the website seemingly doesn’t like Australians.
I booked a ticket for my girlfriend with New Zealand as the country of issue, worked fine. Couldn’t book any of the tickets I needed with my details, tried changing everything, finally worked when I changed my country of issue. Fingers crossed there’ll be no issues.

My advice would be selecting Austria - no one will notice the difference...
0 x