Uzbekistan Trains: E-booking & errors

The Silk Road by train. Experts: Milad, Provodnik
Breakallthewaydown

Uzbekistan Trains: E-booking & errors

Post by Breakallthewaydown »

Hi. I'll be heading to Uzbekistan in early-Dec 2018, and am going to get around the country using trains. I've benefitted from being able to make online bookings and obtaining e-tickets.

I've questions about the non-Afrosiyob trains (Samarkand-Urgench & Urgench-Tashkent night trains, in particular)

Fyi I've also bought Afrosiyob train tickets. No problems at all. E-tickets issued within minutes.

The process when buying other train tickets similar to Afrosiyob ones, but the outcome is different. I only get a booking confirmation form & not the e-ticket. So my questions are:
  • - Is printing out a hardcopy of the confirmation of purchase necessary?
    - Can I only exchange the confirmation of purchase at the train station on the day of departure? Or can it be done at an Uzbek Railways agent or booking office in a city?
    - So I made in mistake in entering particulars (in this case gender, entered as M instead of F), is this something that can get me barred from the train? Can it be amended when I collect the actual tickets?
0 x

Milad
Trains expert
Trains expert

Re: Uzbekistan Trains: E-booking & errors

Post by Milad »

- Is printing out a hardcopy of the confirmation of purchase necessary?
I don't know for sure, but I recommend bringing one to make the process easier, especially if you don't speak Russian.
Can I only exchange the confirmation of purchase at the train station on the day of departure? Or can it be done at an Uzbek Railways agent or booking office in a city?
The latter.
I made in mistake in entering particulars (in this case gender, entered as M instead of F), is this something that can get me barred from the train?
Officially, that may be the case, I know that e.g. Russia has such a rule. However, most probably, no one will care, Uzbek provodniks are usually of the relaxed type, as long as it's not an international ticket, the provodniks normally don't even check your passport.
Can it be amended when I collect the actual tickets?
I don't know, but even if it was possible I would not bother trying (again, especially if you don't speak Russian). Probably no one will notice the error at all.
2 x

Breakallthewaydown

Re: Uzbekistan Trains: E-booking & errors

Post by Breakallthewaydown »

Thanks, Milad for the advice and tips! I hope it won't be like when I took a train in Iran, when got the police to scrutinise my passport up & down..

I realised the Uzbek railways website has a note on the printing out of tickets and ticket ID numbers - 3rd para from the bottom - https://eticket.uzrailway.uz/personalinfo/list.html - so I guess I'll have to see how it works out.
0 x