Express train from Tashkent to Samarkand

The Silk Road by train. Experts: Milad, Provodnik
hehehahaxd

Express train from Tashkent to Samarkand

Postby hehehahaxd » Tue Mar 05, 2019 4:28 am

Hi all!

I am trying to buy the express train 766Ф from Tashkent to Samarkand departing at 18:50, 15 April and arriving at 20:58 in the website of Uzbekistan railway.

The route of this express train is: Tashkent->Samarkand->Navoiy->Bukhara

However, the site does not show this express train. Previously, I think it is already fully booked or the booking has not started.

But, when I search for the express train from Tashkent to Bukhara, I can find this express train having vacancy and can be booked.

Then I try to search for the express train from Tashkent to Navoiy, and I can still find this express train having vacancy and can be booked.

I have no idea why the train actually has vacancy, but the train from Tashkent to Samarkand is not shown on the site.

I have contacted Advantour and asked if they can help to buy the ticket. They replied "Speed train really used to be on such schedule. Now this train was removed from this route."

However, I can buy the ticket of this express train from Tashkent to Bukara, Samarkand to Bukhara, Tashkent to Navoiy. I just unable to buy the train from Tashkent to Samarkand.

Does anyone have any idea on this?

Now I am thinking about buying the ticket from Tashkent to Navoiy in the website but I will take off the train in Samarkand. But I am not sure if I am allowed to do so.

Thanks!
0 x

Milad
Trains expert
Trains expert

Re: Express train from Tashkent to Samarkand

Postby Milad » Fri Mar 08, 2019 4:27 pm

The reason for this are quotas: Only a limited number pf seats can be booked for a given relation. This dates back from the time when there was no electronic reservation system and seats were managed at each railway station, I assume nowadays it's in place for this train to make sure that as many people as possible can get to their destination at all, as there are a lot of other trains to Samarkand but few to Navoiy.

Basically, you're supposed to book annother slower and cheaper train to Samarkand in this case. You can book the fast train to Navoiy and get off at Samarkand anyway, as the provodniks won't physically force you to stay on the train. To avoid cconfusion, I'd tell them when joining the train that you're only going to Samarkand.
1 x

hehehahaxd

Postby hehehahaxd » Fri Mar 08, 2019 8:05 pm

Milad wrote:The reason for this are quotas: Only a limited number pf seats can be booked for a given relation. This dates back from the time when there was no electronic reservation system and seats were managed at each railway station, I assume nowadays it's in place for this train to make sure that as many people as possible can get to their destination at all, as there are a lot of other trains to Samarkand but few to Navoiy.

Basically, you're supposed to book annother slower and cheaper train to Samarkand in this case. You can book the fast train to Navoiy and get off at Samarkand anyway, as the provodniks won't physically force you to stay on the train. To avoid cconfusion, I'd tell them when joining the train that you're only going to Samarkand.

Thanks for the reply Milad!
Is there any people checking the ticket in the exit of Samarkand station?
0 x

Milad
Trains expert
Trains expert

Postby Milad » Fri Mar 08, 2019 9:53 pm

No. Tickets are checked only upon entering. Even if someone wanted to see your ticket, I cannot imagine that anything would happen because you got off at annother station, especially since tourists are allowed to do anything in Uzbekistan nowadays.
2 x