Kazakhstan corona travel restrictions Q&A

All about Kazakhstan. Experts: Julia, walkingalmaty
kevgeo17

Re: Kazakhstan corona travel restrictions Q&A

Post by kevgeo17 »

I was planning to go summer 2020. I didn't see my country listed (Republic of Ireland), even though we have a high rate of vaccination. Does anyone have any idea why it's not on the list?
I hope to make it at some stage in 2022. Ideally, I would like to arrive there sometime between April and August. I was planning to drive through Russia, or cross the Caspian by ferry from Azerbaijan. I'm optimistic about being able to take one of those routes but less so about entry into Kazakhstan. What's the likelihood I'll be able to make it there next summer, assuming the situation remains stable and there are no new variants?
0 x

Nikopol

Post by Nikopol »

kevgeo17 wrote:
Tue Sep 21, 2021 5:31 pm
I was planning to go summer 2020. I didn't see my country listed (Republic of Ireland), even though we have a high rate of vaccination. Does anyone have any idea why it's not on the list?
I hope to make it at some stage in 2022. Ideally, I would like to arrive there sometime between April and August. I was planning to drive through Russia, or cross the Caspian by ferry from Azerbaijan. I'm optimistic about being able to take one of those routes but less so about entry into Kazakhstan. What's the likelihood I'll be able to make it there next summer, assuming the situation remains stable and there are no new variants?
No guarantees, but Kazakhstan travel restrictions have default expiration date at 31 December. Since presidency is already quite satisfied with vax progress, its quite likely it will re-open.

Russia would already, in limited manner ofc, if WHO and/or EMA would approve their Sputnik V vaccine which borh bodies didnt do know. Kremlin is kinda big on reciprocity and Sputnik is key item in their current vax diplo strategy. It will likely be solved in coming months, issue is they have utter soviet-style mess in documentation.
0 x

Bakhtiyark

Post by Bakhtiyark »

Nikopol wrote:
Tue Sep 21, 2021 3:21 pm
Does "visa-free" mean that ome can cross land border or its still via airplane only?
If i understand correctly "Visa-free" means no more hassle related to obtaining an entry visa, "visa support codes" etc.

No official information yet on the dates and conditions on lifting entry requirements, most news outlets only mention Air travel.
What's the likelihood I'll be able to make it there next summer, assuming the situation remains stable and there are no new variants?
I believe it's very likely you'll be able to come next summer.
1 x

frunze

Post by frunze »

I know that complaining those restrictions are arbitrary and hard to follow is just like complaining about the weather. Something that it is what it is and you have no power to change the situation.

But I am becoming a bit frustrated with the Russia and Kazakhstan openings. It sounds like they just write the name of the countries on slips, thrown in a box and pic them out of random. Why including some european countries and not others, when vaccination rates are going very well in all of them? Denmark and Finland can enter, Sweden and Norway no. Because?
0 x

steven
Admin
Admin

Post by steven »

Sweden is in this list: https://astanatimes.com/2021/09/kazakhs ... ir-travel/ Norway not. Why? Because Kazakhstan.

There is no date on when this new rule comes into effect other than soon, so let's see.
0 x
If you like Caravanistan: we have opened a tip jar! We love you back! :D

Subagazi

Post by Subagazi »

As I am new on the forum so - greetings!

I have read possibly everything what there was to read on the internet about current situation with entrance to Kz. I am from Poland and have a friend who is from France. We are planning to visit Kz in november. We are lost in this chaos. I wanted to ask if someone from the countries which Kz resumed direct flights tried to get a tourist visa and was succesfull? And maybe someone has some information about the decree which removes visas, from some other sources like embassies in your countries. I would be grateful for any information and for sure I would share them if I get something new, or atleast share my experience as I'm going to try to get a visa too in november.
0 x

steven
Admin
Admin

Post by steven »

Have you tried talking to the embassy in your country? That would be a good place to start. Although there was an announcement saying restrictions would be lifted for some countries, it's important to note this did not happen. I trust the Air Astana website when it comes to the entry requirements.
0 x
If you like Caravanistan: we have opened a tip jar! We love you back! :D

Nikopol

Post by Nikopol »

steven wrote:
Thu Oct 21, 2021 9:37 am
Have you tried talking to the embassy in your country? That would be a good place to start. Although there was an announcement saying restrictions would be lifted for some countries, it's important to note this did not happen. I trust the Air Astana website when it comes to the entry requirements.
Kazakh consul in Vienna also confirmed that restrictions have not yet been opened, saying that however that can change at any day. Nevertheless the governmental decisions is yet to be put into praxis.
0 x

Subagazi

Post by Subagazi »

Thanks for answering. Of course we contacted our embassies (Poland, France) but the answer was - nobody knows when the decree will be signed but soon - just like in Vienna. From my unofficial information it is said also - soon. Anyway those restrictions are until the end of the year and if they want to make a special decree about removing them before the end of the year, there's not much time left... but there were recently smaller changes like easier crossing of land borders, easing restrictions inside Kz etc. which are the sign that everything is going into right direction.

If anyone has some other information, please share them 🙂
1 x

Nikopol

Post by Nikopol »

Since end of the year is approaching, does anyone know of KZ government decided to extend their restrictions into 2022 or are they letting it expire on 31st?
0 x