Kazakhstan corona travel restrictions Q&A

All about Kazakhstan. Experts: Julia, walkingalmaty
elhabibi

Re: Kazakhstan corona travel restrictions Q&A

Post by elhabibi »

stefank wrote:
Wed Apr 27, 2022 11:29 am
Have they opened up the visa free travel for EU citizens like before the pandemic?
Yes, I can confirm that from experience. I entered Khazakstan through the Tejen border the other day and they just asked for a PCR Test.
0 x

Hopa

Post by Hopa »

It seems there is a new additional Covid-19 restriction to enter Kazachstan. According to Wizzair planning map (https://wizzair.com/en-gb/flights/travel-planning-map, I'm flying Wizzair) a pre-registration is needed. Wizzair indicates this link: https://heform.kz/en. Here a QR code is generated that is needed (to board the plane?) and must be shown when entering Kazakstan. Any experience with that?
0 x

Hopa

Post by Hopa »

deleted (wrong info)
Last edited by Hopa on Fri May 27, 2022 4:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
0 x

jvjjjvvv

Post by jvjjjvvv »

What are people's experiences entering Kazakhstan these days? I wrote to the embassy (the Kazakh embassy in Spain) and they told me that the requirement is to show proof of vaccination or proof of PCR test, but in some places I still read that they ask for a test either way.
0 x

Kasia

Post by Kasia »

jvjjjvvv wrote:
Thu May 26, 2022 11:18 am
What are people's experiences entering Kazakhstan these days? I wrote to the embassy (the Kazakh embassy in Spain) and they told me that the requirement is to show proof of vaccination or proof of PCR test, but in some places I still read that they ask for a test either way.
This is my question too. But I plan to enter from Uzbekistan to Kazakhstan by train or bus (Tashkent to Shymkent).

I am fully vaccinated, german passport, no visa needed.
Should I just take a PCR-Test in Tashkent, or is there a possibility at the border (in case it is needed, additionally to my vaccination status)?
0 x

jvjjjvvv

Post by jvjjjvvv »

Also, it's the border crossing in Korday open for foreigners? (Or, I mean, whatever is the border crossing for a bus/train coming from Bishkek to Almaty). I have also read that this is closed for foreigners but their embassy in Spain didn't tell me anything about it. I'm afraid I might even have to go to the Kazakh embassy in Bishkek in order to clarify all of these things (or at least get someone ask them for me).
0 x

jml

Post by jml »

Entry on 22 May 2022. I can confirm that PCR test is needed, except you have vaccination certificate from these countries: Argentina, Armenia, Belarus, Belgium, Belize, Bolivia, Brazil, Canada, Czech Republic, Ecuador, Estonia, Georgia, Great Britain, Hong Kong, Hungary, India, Indonesia, Iran, Japan, Jordan, Kyrgyzstan, Maldives, Moldova, Mongolia, Montenegro, Peru, Philippines, San Marino, Serbia, Spain, Sri Lanka, Thailand, Tunisia, Turkey, Uzbekistan

https://new.wpk.kz/covid-19_kz_eng
1 x

jvjjjvvv

Post by jvjjjvvv »

jml wrote:
Sun May 29, 2022 5:50 am
Entry on 22 May 2022. I can confirm that PCR test is needed, except you have vaccination certificate from these countries: Argentina, Armenia, Belarus, Belgium, Belize, Bolivia, Brazil, Canada, Czech Republic, Ecuador, Estonia, Georgia, Great Britain, Hong Kong, Hungary, India, Indonesia, Iran, Japan, Jordan, Kyrgyzstan, Maldives, Moldova, Mongolia, Montenegro, Peru, Philippines, San Marino, Serbia, Spain, Sri Lanka, Thailand, Tunisia, Turkey, Uzbekistan

https://new.wpk.kz/covid-19_kz_eng
Thank you, useful information. In fact, I thought from the start that their list of accepted countries seemed very random and I noticed Spain wasn't in it (I am Spanish), but now it seems to be...well, it's good to know!
0 x

FanGasp

Post by FanGasp »

Hello, we are from Belgium and were refused at the border. The person refused our proof of European vaccination. but honestly the employee was not very cooperative. We came back the next day with a PCR and everything went well.
1 x

Kasia

Post by Kasia »

Thanks for all the reports and feedback! So I will take an PCR-Test in Tashkent. But (out of curiosity) first I will just present the EU vaccination pass and see how it goes. The PCR-Test can magically appear from my pocket if needed .
1 x