World Nomad Games 2024 at Astana

All about Kazakhstan. Experts: Julia, walkingalmaty
KrisKelvin

World Nomad Games 2024

Post by KrisKelvin »

I would like to attend the next World Nomad Games in September, possibly the opening ceremony. DO you know when the first tickets for the ceremony will be sold online ? And what about sports like horseback wrestling or kusbegilik (eagle hunting and falconry) ? I haven't found any ticket available for these events (only sports like traditional wrestling, archery and tug of war).
0 x
«Nel mezzo del cammin di nostra vita
mi ritrovai per una selva oscura,
ché la diritta via era smarrita.»

(Inferno, I canto, vv.1-3)

KrisKelvin

Re: World Nomad Games 2024 at Astana

Post by KrisKelvin »

I didn't see this topic before.

Actually, I would love to attend these games. Does anyone know when the tickets for the opening ceremony will be sold ?

So far, it looks like only tickets for wrestling competitions, archery or tug of war are being sold.
What about other traditional sports like horse wrestling, falconry and eagle hunting,, or my favorite: salbuurun ?

I would also like who else would like to attend these games, so we can take a taxi together and share the costs.
0 x
«Nel mezzo del cammin di nostra vita
mi ritrovai per una selva oscura,
ché la diritta via era smarrita.»

(Inferno, I canto, vv.1-3)

Aeglil

Post by Aeglil »

It's KrisKelvin again. For an unknown reason, I can't login in to my former account. I decided to create a new one.

I'm throwing another bottle in the ocean, I hope someone will answer my question.
0 x

minion

Post by minion »

i think the only place to buy tickets is at the official WNG website, when they go on sale, or once you arrive in person onsite

with nadaam festival (mongolia), the locals were snapping up the tickets beforehand then sell them black market right outside the stadium lol. i hope i dont have to deal with that for WNG

the venues for the sports event appear to be near to astana city proper, so that's one good thing abt it. i assume yandex drivers will be busy that week shuttling everyone back and forth
0 x

Aeglil

Post by Aeglil »

But what about traditional sports like salbuurun ? Where can I buy tickets ? I'm a little bit worried because I heard that there will be less sports in these games compared to the previous ones ?

Who else is thinking of attending the games ?
0 x

minion

Post by minion »

did they say Salbuurun is one of the sports event showcased? it is not listed here https://worldnomadgames.kz/en/news/vidy-sporta nor here https://worldnomadgames.kz/en/page/bilety

i think event planning is sitll in progress and so you just have to keep monitoring the official website

when i emailed them asking if opening ceremony is held on 7th or 8th Sep, i got some robot reply by a human asking me to read website (and their website isnt clear obviously which is why i emailed in the first place)
0 x

Aeglil

Post by Aeglil »

minion wrote:
Sun May 26, 2024 5:49 pm
did they say Salbuurun is one of the sports event showcased? it is not listed here https://worldnomadgames.kz/en/news/vidy-sporta nor here https://worldnomadgames.kz/en/page/bilety

i think event planning is sitll in progress and so you just have to keep monitoring the official website

when i emailed them asking if opening ceremony is held on 7th or 8th Sep, i got some robot reply by a human asking me to read website (and their website isnt clear obviously which is why i emailed in the first place)
If I'm not wrong, salbuurun was represented during the last nomad games. But less sports will be showcased in these games.
That's why I am quite disappointed that it got removed from the list. Looks that these games want to look more professional and less traditional, with more countries (over 100), many of them having nothing to do with nomad traditions, joining the show.
0 x

minion

Post by minion »

WNG is not as organized as Olympics. things are always in flux. I believe this time around they have some financial constraints so fewer sports events is not surprising

I will just watch whatever available. this event is held every 2 years anyway, so just visit again another time in future.

for all you know, you will be able to observe this salbuurun event unofficially at a local setting in some village at krygystan mountains ie just not at WNG scale
0 x

Aeglil

Post by Aeglil »

When I will arrive in Kyrgyzstan, most of, if not all summer festivals will be over. But I will try to ask at some community based tourism association.

The problem is that life is short and there are so many travel destinations in the world. I am not sure I will travel again to Central Asia in the future, so I need to seize every opportunity while I'm there.
0 x

Aeglil

Post by Aeglil »

Still impossible to buy some tickets for the opening ceremony
0 x