Ustyurt Plateau in late November

All about Kazakhstan. Experts: Julia, walkingalmaty
mrwakett

Ustyurt Plateau in late November

Post by mrwakett »

Hey guys!

Is late November too late to go to the Ustyurt Plateau and where exactly are the mountains located from the first picture on this guide? https://caravanistan.com/kazakhstan/west/ustyurt/

Cheers,
Chris
0 x

mazeno
Driving expert
Driving expert

Re: Ustyurt Plateau in late November

Post by mazeno »

some places in the world need more effort than just asking "give me the track" (especially when you are a new, unknown to asked, guy).
0 x
rgds -
mazeno

steven
Admin
Admin

Post by steven »

This itinerary should help you on your way: https://caravanistan.com/itinerary/kazakhstan/west/
0 x
If you like Caravanistan: we have opened a tip jar! We love you back! :D

mrwakett

Post by mrwakett »

Thanks steven - can you let me know about the name of that specific area please? And mazeno, thanks for your valuable feedback as well.
0 x
106 countries and hopefully soon starting to count again! Chris on Tour

mazeno
Driving expert
Driving expert

Post by mazeno »

> mazeno, thanks for your valuable feedback as well
ok, i'll be sarcastic too - the answer ("the name of that specific area") is:
ustyurt plateau :P

and more serious:
looking at your blog i don't suppose you are desparate enough to visit mysterious or remote places - e.g. in poland you had choosen most popular items where you even don't need a guidebook: wieliczka mine, krakow center, warsaw center... another example - let's take cambodia: i don't know cambodia (i'm not interested at all) but inspite of this fact even me - i've heard about both koh rong or kep not mentioning about angkor.
so - it is poor, very poor.
most of your destinations are like this.
it is like counting out the big number of countries (you're bragging you have visited more than 100). and looking at your signature with the blog address i suppose it is your way to advertise youself (and taking benefits from the adverts*).

so again:
some places in the world need more effort than just asking "give me the track".

---
* - from your blog e.g.:
"I finally bought a new Dell Latitude E7470 Notebook" linking to amazon shop (i see many links to amazon).
and a short digression: except above you make youself as a kind of expert giving many wise advices - but i see some incompatibilities - e.g. budget travel counted for 22,9 EUR a day. when i travel with my wife we don't exceed 40 EUR a day including all the costs even before and after the travel (which imo is not low budget). max 40 EUR a day, for two persons, not budget, not only in cheap asia. my friends (again 2 persons) spend less than 18k EUR travelling around africa in their 4x4 in one whole year (over 60kkm). 49 EUR a day for two. and africa is not cheap.
another digression - it is too much of you on your videos, and too little of the places you visit. these videos are less-more "selfies".

---
sorry steven, i know you are soft hearted but there should be someone to keep the eye on the brakes. no brakes results puting the tarmac and spray-graffiti in sharyn.
0 x
rgds -
mazeno

mrwakett

Post by mrwakett »

Hi Mazeno,

first of all, yes I have a travel blog and of course I use it to share information and drive traffic- thats what everyone with a travel blog is doing.

You are quick of judging a person based on what you can see on a blog without knowing any of the backgrounds. Only about 10% of my trips are documented there and I have been to many places that you will never ever have heard of in your life. I just choose not to write about them to keep them a bit more of a secret.

If you dont want to help, then thats totally fine, but reading your comment as the very first reply here in this (for me) new forum is a very "nice" welcome. Really curious if this is representative of the rest of the community here or if you are a stand-alone bad example.

Cheers,
Chris
0 x

bwv812
China expert
China expert

Post by bwv812 »

Mazeno is the kind of guy who quite literally believes that it is morally wrong to bring technology like cell phones and internet service to under-developed places like the Wakhan, and that these sorts of things just make the locals miserable in the long run. He also believes increased tourism is bad for locals (or perhaps just makes them less likely to kiss the ass of every tourist who makes it to their region), which makes it kind of ironic that he is complaining that you are not shedding more light on little-visited places that might be "spoiled" if you would write about them. Anyway, according to Mazeno the best way to tour is to inject as little money as possible into the local economy and to be as low tech as possible. Everyone else is doing it wrong.
0 x

mrwakett

Post by mrwakett »

THanks bwv, good to know! :)
0 x

mazeno
Driving expert
Driving expert

Post by mazeno »

mrwakett: no, as you don't share infos for free. a lot of "sponsored" links in your blog tell the truth. advertisement (ergo: money) is your main goal to be here. and it is not polite come into a party from a street and just demand "give me!".

bwv: if we sell all we have for a cheap price we will have no valuables in the future. anyway - it doesn't make sense to make another discuss with you about the "columbus' impact on the native americans" (present america is a great nation but native americans almost disappeared or live in poor), as we are both conservative at ours points of view. however, it is not the truth that majority always is right. billions of flies eat excrements - should we?
0 x
rgds -
mazeno

mrwakett

Post by mrwakett »

I dont see a point in having a conversation with you to be honest, but just to let you know: All of my content on my website is 100% free and i make about 1$ per month roughly with the Amazon links since i dont have traffic on my site, so mayeb that makes you feel better and you dont have to concentrate too much on only the negative things?
0 x