Visa extensions in KZ?

All about Kazakhstan. Experts: Julia, walkingalmaty
itfcfan

Visa extensions in KZ?

Post by itfcfan »

This is a general query about Kazakh visa policy rather than Covid-specific restrictions... Is there a mechanism for extending visas when staying inside KZ? I've read about people extending for a few days for emergency reasons, but I'm referring to a longer extension (e.g. adding an extra month validity). I'm trying to get the information from the KZ Migration Service but without luck so far. Any experience people have had would be very useful.

FYI I'm planning to stay in KZ in June/July. Although KZ has restrictive border entry policies at the moment I'm eligible for a B10 (private/family) visa which I'll use if the visa waiver scheme is suspended again after the current end date (1st May 2021). I'd like to stay for 2 months, but both the B10 visa I can get and the visa waiver scheme (if it resumes this summer) only allow 30 days entry. Normally I'd have the option to exit to KG/UZ and re-enter KZ but that's more difficult while needing to get visas, etc.
0 x

steven
Admin
Admin

Re: Visa extensions in KZ?

Post by steven »

No, it's difficult without passing across the border every month if you don't get the resident visa, and extensions are only granted in emergencies. (I am also eligible for the private visa, btw)

Could be that covid is such an emergency? Let us know if you find out.
1 x
If you like Caravanistan: we have opened a tip jar! We love you back! :D

itfcfan

Re: Visa extensions in KZ?

Post by itfcfan »

steven wrote:
Mon Apr 19, 2021 6:09 am
No, it's difficult without passing across the border every month if you don't get the resident visa, and extensions are only granted in emergencies. (I am also eligible for the private visa, btw)

Could be that covid is such an emergency? Let us know if you find out.
Thanks for replying. It's useful to know that extensions are only granted in emergencies. I'll let you know if I find out more.

It's getting close now to 1st May so we should see soon if the visa waiver suspension continues or not.
0 x