Kazakhstan corona travel restrictions Q&A

All about Kazakhstan. Experts: Julia, walkingalmaty
daftpunk

Re: Kazakhstan corona travel restrictions Q&A

Post by daftpunk »

Hi there. I've got a question for experts. Is it possible to enter Kazakhstan for one week, with a passport still valid for three months and three weeks, under the visa-free regime?
0 x

trikolka

Post by trikolka »

until 2020 a passport still valid 6 months was required ; maybe it changed since, I did not check
0 x
http://blog.zamir.fr : Siberia, Caucasus, Kazakhstan
http://blog.khushomaded.fr : cycling Silk Road from Iran to Kyrgyzstan

Hound_Dog

Post by Hound_Dog »

daftpunk wrote:
Mon Feb 21, 2022 3:27 pm
Hi there. I've got a question for experts. Is it possible to enter Kazakhstan for one week, with a passport still valid for three months and three weeks, under the visa-free regime?
Pretty much everywhere requires 6 months validity on a passport.
1 x

airlinedlx

Post by airlinedlx »

Just went from France to Almaty via Istanbul and Antalya, proof of vaccination were required in France but not PCR. Be careful that your second or third dose is at least 2 weeks old or it won't be accepted. In Antalya we were asked for a PCR, and on arrival in Almaty we had a choice between vaccination and PCR. So overall better have those two papers ready! Also, no PCR required to go back home.
1 x

asianrider

Post by asianrider »

airlinedlx wrote:
Tue Mar 15, 2022 3:42 am
Just went from France to Almaty via Istanbul and Antalya, proof of vaccination were required in France but not PCR. Be careful that your second or third dose is at least 2 weeks old or it won't be accepted. In Antalya we were asked for a PCR, and on arrival in Almaty we had a choice between vaccination and PCR. So overall better have those two papers ready! Also, no PCR required to go back home.
Thanks for the report. Any update on the opening of the land borders ?
0 x

Garrian

Post by Garrian »

asianrider wrote:
Fri Mar 18, 2022 8:06 am
airlinedlx wrote:
Tue Mar 15, 2022 3:42 am
Thanks for the report. Any update on the opening of the land borders ?
I am also wondering about the land borders. I really hope to take ferry from Baku in start of May.
1 x

elhabibi

Post by elhabibi »

For those who haven't seen this yet, Air Astana has some good details regarding entry/exit rules, for what countries they require PCR vs. they accept the vaccine. But this is only by flight: https://airastana.com/kaz/en-us/Informa ... our-flight

Unfortunately, no updates on land crossing...
0 x

gabisk

Post by gabisk »

Nothing about land and maritim border. I spoke a lot with embassy, consulate, and it's not about the COVID. So, any reason that they will open those border soon. We have to forget definitely this option I think
0 x

Iskandar

Post by Iskandar »

1 x

Iskandar

Post by Iskandar »

gabisk wrote:
Wed Apr 06, 2022 4:24 am
Nothing about land and maritim border. I spoke a lot with embassy, consulate, and it's not about the COVID. So, any reason that they will open those border soon. We have to forget definitely this option I think
https://www.inform.kz/en/kazakhstan-to- ... n_a3919981
0 x