_Ellen_

Re: Kazakhstan corona travel restrictions Q&A

Post by _Ellen_ »

Iskandar wrote:
Thu Apr 07, 2022 2:35 am
The landborders will open soon.
https://www.inform.kz/en/kazakhstan-to- ... n_a3919981
Thanks for the great news!
Now lets see Azerbaijan... Hope they will open soon as well!
0 x

Garrian

Post by Garrian »

Iskandar wrote:
Thu Apr 07, 2022 2:35 am
gabisk wrote:
Wed Apr 06, 2022 4:24 am
Nothing about land and maritim border. I spoke a lot with embassy, consulate, and it's not about the COVID. So, any reason that they will open those border soon. We have to forget definitely this option I think
https://www.inform.kz/en/kazakhstan-to- ... n_a3919981
Good news that they will open land borders :) But my plan is to enter via ferry from Azerbaijan :(

How likely do you think it is that they will open before April 29?
0 x

gabisk

Post by gabisk »

airlinedlx wrote:
Tue Mar 15, 2022 3:42 am
Just went from France to Almaty via Istanbul and Antalya, proof of vaccination were required in France but not PCR. Be careful that your second or third dose is at least 2 weeks old or it won't be accepted. In Antalya we were asked for a PCR, and on arrival in Almaty we had a choice between vaccination and PCR. So overall better have those two papers ready! Also, no PCR required to go back home.

Hi and thank man. A question, did you need to register somewhere after arrival? Or to ask the hotel, hostel, to do it?

https://www.gov.kz/memleket/entities/mf ... 53&lang=en
Its why I think understand. but this is from 2020
0 x

airlinedlx

Post by airlinedlx »

gabisk wrote:
Sat Apr 09, 2022 6:21 pm
airlinedlx wrote:
Tue Mar 15, 2022 3:42 am
Just went from France to Almaty via Istanbul and Antalya, proof of vaccination were required in France but not PCR. Be careful that your second or third dose is at least 2 weeks old or it won't be accepted. In Antalya we were asked for a PCR, and on arrival in Almaty we had a choice between vaccination and PCR. So overall better have those two papers ready! Also, no PCR required to go back home.

Hi and thank man. A question, did you need to register somewhere after arrival? Or to ask the hotel, hostel, to do it?

https://www.gov.kz/memleket/entities/mf ... 53&lang=en
Its why I think understand. but this is from 2020
Nope no need to register, I didn't notice any kind of restrictions anywhere, they're not even using the ashyq app like they used to to check if you're vaccinated or whatever.
0 x

Garrian

Post by Garrian »

I just got off the phone with Kazakhstan embassy in Azerbaijan. He said that the ferry never was stopped due to covid-19, even for tourists.

Earlier I spoke with Kazakhstan embassy in Norway, and he said I cant enter kazakhstan from sea port.

So, I am a bit confused here. Anyone have more information?

Probably Azerbaijan land borders will open 1th may.
0 x

Marcellc67

Post by Marcellc67 »

Good news from the Oxus Society podcast is that Kazakhstan are opening all land borders this month - if they haven't done so already.
0 x

Garrian

Post by Garrian »

Marcellc67 wrote:
Sun Apr 24, 2022 12:21 am
Good news from the Oxus Society podcast is that Kazakhstan are opening all land borders this month - if they haven't done so already.
Kazakhstan opened land borders to Russia, Uzbekistan and Kyrgyztan the 11th of April. But it is still not allowed to enter Kazakhstan from seaports for some reasons.

I am planning to take ferry from Azerbaijan or Iran to Kazakhstan 10. May, so I really hope that they will reopen seapors soon.
0 x

stefank

Post by stefank »

Have they opened up the visa free travel for EU citizens like before the pandemic?
0 x

lauraparrilla

Post by lauraparrilla »

Hi!

If it helps, at their embassy in Spain they have told me that certificate of vaccination within one year of the last dose should be enought to enter the country.
0 x

ccc

Post by ccc »

stefank wrote:
Wed Apr 27, 2022 11:29 am
Have they opened up the visa free travel for EU citizens like before the pandemic?

Yes. :)

Since April 11, 2022, restrictions on crossing the Kazakhstan border have been lifted.

Citizens of 54 countries can stay in Kazakhstan without visa for up to 30 calendar days at each entry. Number of visits is unlimited. However, a total period of stay under such visits should not exceed 90 calendar days within a 180-day period.

Foreigners from the list of 54 countries do not require IDC permission to enter the country.

Passengers arriving in Kazakhstan must provide a PCR certificate with negative result for Covid-19.

Term of a PCR certificate should not exceed 72 hours since material selection. Children under 5 years old do not require a PCR certificate.

Please note that foreign citizens are not required to observe self-isolation regime upon arrival in Kazakhstan.

Foreigners can travel to Kazakhstan without a PCR certificate if they received a full course of vaccination:
on the territory of the Republic of Kazakhstan
on the territory of the following countries: Argentina, Armenia, Belarus, Belize, Bolivia, Canada, Czech Republic, Ecuador, Estonia, Georgia, Great Britain, Hungary, India, Indonesia, Iran, Japan, Jordan, Kyrgyzstan, Maldives, Moldova, Mongolia, Montenegro, Peru, Philippines, San Marino, Serbia, Sri Lanka, Thailand, Tunisia, Turkey, Uzbekistan

Entry to Kazakhstan is carried out based on the vaccination passport / certificate.

https://new.wpk.kz/covid-19_kz_eng
2 x