Interdepartmental Committee permit process

All about Kazakhstan. Experts: Julia, walkingalmaty
edwardbgill

Interdepartmental Committee permit process

Post by edwardbgill »

Hi there,

I'm considering a trip to Kazakhstan this spring, entering on a motorbike via boat at Aktau to ride onwards to Uzbekistan and beyond. I'd do the return journey a few months later. All dependent of Azerbaijan also opening her land borders.

Does anyone have any information/knowledge about the Kazakh IDC permit application process? This website is very useful in terms of setting out what you need to do but the link to the EGov portal to do it is a bit of a dead end - https://new.wpk.kz/mvk_eng

In particular, does anyone know whether a travel agency within Kazakhstan might be able to help with an application, as you need an 'inviting organisation'?

Thanks,

Ed
0 x

MaUji

Re: Interdepartmental Committee permit process

Post by MaUji »

As far as I know, it is not given to tourists at all. Only very selective business visa holders and people with family ties. The inviting person has to apply it on your behalf.
1 x

PetiteJeannette

Post by PetiteJeannette »

Hi
are you sure that the ferries are operating on the black sea ?
Best regards
ben
0 x

edwardbgill

Post by edwardbgill »

PetiteJeannette wrote:
Thu Mar 10, 2022 2:44 pm
Hi
Best regards
ben
I'm almost certain that they're not - and even if they were I wouldn't want to be on one right now!

But Baku and Aktau are on the Caspian Sea and as far as I'm aware those services are unaffected.

Ed
0 x

Garrian

Post by Garrian »

edwardbgill wrote:
Thu Mar 10, 2022 4:54 pm
PetiteJeannette wrote:
Thu Mar 10, 2022 2:44 pm
Hi
Best regards
ben
I'm almost certain that they're not - and even if they were I wouldn't want to be on one right now!

But Baku and Aktau are on the Caspian Sea and as far as I'm aware those services are unaffected.

Ed
Ferries are operating, but you are not allowed to enter Kazakhstan as a tourist. At least not when taking ferry from Azerbaijan. Maybe if you take ferry from Iran.
1 x