Insulin availability in Kazakhstan

All about Kazakhstan. Experts: Julia, walkingalmaty
steven
Admin
Admin

Insulin availability in Kazakhstan

Post by steven »

Got this question via mail:

I was reading an article about you on an expat site. It looks like you're still in Kazakhstan. I'm considering moving from Mexico (US citizen) and am looking at options. I prefer rural life. What I can't find is much information about ESL teaching jobs in Kazakhstan. I've been teaching in Mexico for 8 years. Any suggestions? I'm poor so I can't come and just hang out looking for a job.

Also, I'm diabetic. How's the insulin availability in Kazakhstan? Are there any websites where I might find detailed information about medical care? My health is generally good but I need access to certain things. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.
0 x
If you like Caravanistan: we have opened a tip jar! We love you back! :D

steven
Admin
Admin

Re: Insulin availability in Kazakhstan

Post by steven »

Insulin: this should be available in big cities. Medicine is behind from the West but it's not the Third World. Plus, more and more people are getting diabetes. So you should be fine there.

About teaching possibilities: we explored that topic here: http://caravanistan.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=1254

About rural life: I don't think it's possible for you to find a job in a village. There is no money for dedicated English teachers in the village. Since you said you don't have a lot of money, this is ruled out. Of course, you can get a highly paid job in the American school, and then live a few years in a village on peanuts from your savings.

Hope that helps!
0 x
If you like Caravanistan: we have opened a tip jar! We love you back! :D