Contact to Kazakh railway

All about Kazakhstan. Experts: Julia, walkingalmaty
Anusiak

Contact to Kazakh railway

Post by Anusiak »

Hi,

I would like to contact with Kazakh's railways via email, perhaps somebody know their email?
I tried to send them message a couple of time (to: [email protected], [email protected]), but all time it didn't work and I have only received reply: "was not delivered". I don't understand why I can't write to them from Poland...

Thanks for your help.

A.
0 x

bwv812
China expert
China expert

Re: Contact to Kazakh railway

Post by bwv812 »

The contact address I see on their webpage (http://www.railways.kz) is [email protected].
0 x
My 2012 overland trip from Tokyo to Istanbul: https://silkroadwanderings.blogspot.com

Anusiak

Post by Anusiak »

I tried this e-mail too but no reply so far... Maybe you know. This is a description of my situation:

I have a question regarding refund policy for train tickets in Kazakhstan. I purchased online ticket for train from Astana to Almaty on Saturday evening (18:53). The thing is I’m a holder of a document which entitles me to travel almost for free in Kazakhstan and some other countries. I can’t reserve a seat for free online so I booked full fare ticket to secure a seat. My plan is to go to ticket office in Astana on Saturday morning and exchange my ticket for a free seat. I suppose they will have to refund my online ticket first and then issue a free seat. Do you know if there is any fee when I return my ticket? I’ve only read that I can cancel my ticket up to one hour before the train departures from initial station. I'd be grateful for any help as I'm quite confused now.
0 x

arthuragone

Post by arthuragone »

I tried http://rail-travel.kz to buy some Uzbek journey (Tashkent - Bukhara), because Uzbek railway don't accept foreign card, it went smoothly, until payment.

At the end they put you in a queue, and you should receive an email that tell you when you are able to pay.
After 5-10 min I got the email, went back to my personal account on the website, into "waiting list section" where a "pay button" appeared.
Then I went into a payment page, put my card details, successful payment.
And now, I have the confirmation email saying that payment was successful, but in my personal account have this message at the end of the line of the order : "Unable to buy a ticket."

This don't look good. I tried to contact them via the online form, but maybe there is another way to do it?

Best regards
0 x

steven
Admin
Admin

Post by steven »

Hi Anusiak,

I think the best way is to get someone face-to-face. Via e-mail, very difficult I think.

@arthuragone: like Anusiak, I recommend going to the train station to get help.
0 x
If you like Caravanistan: we have opened a tip jar! We love you back! :D